Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
jeep srt8
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
well guys ive been off the forums for a while now hope everybody is well heres the problem last winter time the truck's oil pressure would drop down at idle like almost 0 an the light would come on an i'd kill it an crank it back up an it was fine people said it was to thick of oil well i changed the oil back then an it still did it so that wasn't it still did it, well it got hot an stopped. Well now i have another problem rather the truck be cold or hot it has a bad tapping issue on the driver side an now it's on the passenger side also. An it comes an goes but is starting to stay all the time it's a loud tapping almost has a exhaust leak noise but a tap an louder. It has 130k miles on it just alot of highway driving really been sprayed 4 times when it was new with a 100 shot but it has headers,catback,tune,cai. So what do you guys think it could be i have to get it fixed my mother is now driving it so it has to be fixed so guys' any idea's.

Thanks,
Brandon

·
mixmaster
TrailblazerSS
828 Posts
Better engrish preaz

·
Registered
jeep srt8
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
man are you serious iam on my phone at work an typed that on my five minute break. if your not gonna help dont post.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
5 Posts
hello I am new to the forum but I have had my SS for 8 months now. I bought it used for cheap with 180k miles and my engine has a 'tick' when i first start it cold in the mornings or when its been sitting for a while. I have been told its a common issue and am not too concerned about it. i usually start her and let her get warmed up and after a few mins of running there is no 'tick' when i put it in gear.

·
Old but not Dead Yet!
TrailblazerSS
9,572 Posts
Man loud ticking could be anything from no oil pressure to bad lifters to something broke or not working like the Oil pump. Time to tear it down.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
4,849 Posts
My motor made the same noise as yours by the sounds of it. All the passenger side pistons were scuffed, but the bearings seemed to be fine. It started of as normal piston slap but then it started doing it all the time even when it was warmed up. I ended up needing a new motor so I decided to go with a stroker and couldn't be any happier.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.