Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Reset all the codes it originally had which were about 10-12 and these were the ones that immediately came back

·
Registered
487 Posts
What about the one in the front that goes around the front lip of the pan and plugs in to a little sub harness on the timing cover.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
187 Posts
My question is, how is that unplugged? Did you recently do some work in that area and unplugged some things? Or is this a new purchase?

Other than the 2 knock sensors, I’m pretty sure Tim has pointed out the only other things that connect on the bottom of the engine.

And what vehicle is this? TBSS doesn’t have exhaust going down the drivers side.

·
Premium Member
'08 TrailblazerSS
2,995 Posts
Right front wheel speed sensor

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
What about the one in the front that goes around the front lip of the pan and plugs in to a little sub harness on the timing cover.

Yeah that sounds more like it because it had little latches that lead into that little under carriage rightunder the block Ima give it a go once I get home see if I can find that little plug

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
My question is, how is that unplugged? Did you recently do some work in that area and unplugged some things? Or is this a new purchase?

Other than the 2 knock sensors, I’m pretty sure Tim has pointed out the only other things that connect on the bottom of the engine.

And what vehicle is this? TBSS doesn’t have exhaust going down the drivers side.
It’s a 2007 trailblazer ss 3ss specifically but yeah it was theft recovery had no engine just tranny so I stuck a new 07 trailblazer engine in and I thought it was all plug and play but bunch of hose were also missing driveshaft was missing and the cats aren’t connected that’s why there hanging so basically I’m trying to learn the truck my self I don’t really know much about the harness but the truck starts but has no gas pedal issue and I can’t put it into gear with out pressing that button under the side of the shifter

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
187 Posts
I still think that’s a knock sensor, passenger side just behind the motor mount. I’ll try to check my wiring harness tonight and compare.

Either way, your codes aren’t lining up with that plug, but who knows. Sounds like there a few issues going on still. Did you check all the connections on the transmission? Possible that the harness is cut up in a couple places, and some sensors are associated with that.

What engine did you put in?

·
Registered
487 Posts
It's right on the timing chain covet on the left side of the balancer.

·
Premium Member
'08 TrailblazerSS
2,995 Posts
The connector in question is a 2 pin with what appears to be a dark green and tan twisted pair. The knock sensors use a similar connector but are slightly different. Knock sensor wires are grey and dark blue on driver side and grey and light blue on passenger side. The connector on the timing cover is for the cam sensor which is a 3 wire connector.

Reactions: SleeperSS

·
Premium Member
'08 TrailblazerSS
2,995 Posts
Rectangle Font Parallel Circle Number

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
114 Posts
Definitely not a knock sensor, and more than likely wheel speed sensor. Of course, where is at...
looks like back of engine, but
hard to tell from your picture, could be the front driveshaft speed sensor on the transfer case if its awd....
Connector looks just like that

·
Registered
'07 3SS 2WD
252 Posts
It’s a 2007 trailblazer ss 3ss specifically but yeah it was theft recovery had no engine just tranny so I stuck a new 07 trailblazer engine in and I thought it was all plug and play but bunch of hose were also missing driveshaft was missing and the cats aren’t connected that’s why there hanging so basically I’m trying to learn the truck my self I don’t really know much about the harness but the truck starts but has no gas pedal issue and I can’t put it into gear with out pressing that button under the side of the shifter
Do your brake lights work?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I still think that’s a knock sensor, passenger side just behind the motor mount. I’ll try to check my wiring harness tonight and compare.

Either way, your codes aren’t lining up with that plug, but who knows. Sounds like there a few issues going on still. Did you check all the connections on the transmission? Possible that the harness is cut up in a couple places, and some sensors are associated with that.

What engine did you put in?
It’s a 6.0 from another trailblazer and where exactly would the connections from the transmission be I follow the harness but I don’t really have nothing to plug into there’s a few other disconnected things I’ll post that up tomorrow

1 - 20 of 21 Posts