Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently installed my dual out rear valance and am getting ready to have the exhaust done, hopefully this weekend. What would everyone suggest for a muffler? I like the Super 44 and the super 40 but it does seem a little loud? Any suggestions would be great!!! Thank you

Lannon

·
WANNABE SS OWNER
Trailblazer SS 2wd
16,025 Posts
Not a flowmaster fan myself but if you have already made up your mind I would leave the stock resonator on with either the 44 or the 40:2cents: Borla FTW!

·
Premium Member
07 TrailblazerSS Imp
9,442 Posts
I recently installed my dual out rear valance and am getting ready to have the exhaust done, hopefully this weekend. What would everyone suggest for a muffler? I like the Super 44 and the super 40 but it does seem a little loud? Any suggestions would be great!!! Thank you

Lannon
I had a super 40 before I went with duals and headers. Sounded really nice. Now I have regular 40 3"in/dual2.5" out and it rocks with the headers/no cats. A place in Tenn on ebay's now makes copies since the patent expired on Flowmasters and they are $29 +S&H of $11.

·
Premium Member
2007 TBSS AWD
31,504 Posts
Well just scratch your head and wonder some more, Matt. Until someone can present some actual data on flow characteristics its a moot point. :doh:
I suppose before and after dyno results are worthless. :doh: I have seen increases at 12-15 rwhp switching from dual 3" super 40s to dual 3" Magnaflows at the 500 rwhp level. That is a dual system too. A single system or a SI/DO muffler would likely see larger gains at the same power level. It won't make a big difference on a stock 4.8 pickup with 285 fwhp.

People buy them for sound.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.