Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
'07 Trailblazer SS
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went Monday to a friends shop, and he activated the fans in my computer. I left the stock fan clutch unplugged, drove home.....and just finished the install with the PCMforless kit. Everything went smooth, except now the fans sound like they want to run wide open.....and if I let it sit, they want to run even faster than probably they can even go.

Any help?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mg7PggEBxzM

·
'07 Trailblazer SS
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Fans did work when they came off my friends Camaro SS. I know shit happens though, but just saying. Also at my buddies shop, he DL'ed a program on HPtuners and flashed my PCM, so I know that end is correct.

·
'07 Trailblazer SS
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Double check the patch was applied correctly.

With the PCM harness they only get 1 signal and produces high output only
Ok, well that helps alot then......except for the pulsing. We think for some reason the PCM is emitting a PWM signal, so we're gonna reflash it in a couple of hours.

What does it take to make this into a two stage setup? Anyone done that?

I really don't want to have to wire a switch for the fans to cut them on/off, but if all I can get is a high speed.....then I will have to.

·
Premium Member
2007 TBSS
4,834 Posts
They run on low, then switch to high if the fan is needed for more than a short period of time

·
'07 Trailblazer SS
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It just seems to run "high" more often than anything else......and as most of you know (that have done this swap), these fans put out a TON of air on high. They are just loud as hell.

I think I am going to get creative with the harness. I'll be sure to post back with my results, if I am successful. I have a few ideas.

Thanks for the replies, and for all your help as well Alvin. :cheers1:

·
Premium Member
'06 AWD
5,094 Posts
Get a system in that thing and turn it up...fixes fan noise.
It just seems to run "high" more often than anything else......and as most of you know (that have done this swap), these fans put out a TON of air on high. They are just loud as hell.

I think I am going to get creative with the harness. I'll be sure to post back with my results, if I am successful. I have a few ideas.

Thanks for the replies, and for all your help as well Alvin. :cheers1:

Ma'am have you ever seen a cat skeleton in a tree? Exactly it will come down.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts