Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I blew my tranny on my 2006 AWD TBSS. It appears my mat was stuck on the pedal and before you knew it I was going 100 MPH on a very busy road (route 130 close to Betsy ross bridge north bound in NJ) I got the the SS to stop, started it back up, throttle was still stuck wide open put it in gear and boom! Gone. I had to move the car... very busy road.

After changing my underwear, I am trying to decide what direction I will go. Give me your thoughts. This is my wifes daily driver, it currently has Kooks long tube headers, ECU tuned, Corsa Exhaust, Electric fan upgrade, pullies, and a cold air intake. We do not beat this truck at all. It will never go to the track and I will tow my open car trailer and 3300 lb car with it. What do you think I should do??

1) Stock rebuild?
2) Upgraded trans and new converter (what needs to be done? who is good around the Philadelphia area?
3) Level 3 trans with 3200 or 3600 stall Vig or Yank?
4) other???

I am open to suggestions. Don't want to blow it up while towing or getting on the throttle every once in while.

thanks guys

·
Registered
'06 AWD
660 Posts
Sorry to hear...just give Matt at Tunetime Performance a call. He's in Toms River, NJ. He'll get you situated.

·
Banned
Supercharged TBSS
1,940 Posts
Injection connectiOn is horsham pa lil closer and Paul is the man when it comes to ls motors.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts