Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
06 tbss awd
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So driving to work today my old muffler fell off! I have been putting it off for a long time and now its needed!! I have a 06 tbss awd with Circle D 3200 stall 160 t-stat and e-fans... I am doing by the end of the year XS power headers with cats, Attitude V3 Cam and cold air with ls7 maf... Id like to get the cat-back today and want it to work with what im putting together... any info would help me out a lot seeing i know nothing about exhaust...

·
Registered
06 tbss awd
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
everyone use to be very helpful! I guess everyone that knows what they are talking about must be on a different site...

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
658 Posts
Get Kooks from Maryland Speed instead. You'll like the price they come up with when you call. They are a site sponsor.

Reactions: jmillz

·
Registered
'06 Black AWD TBSS
953 Posts
Get Kooks from Maryland Speed instead. You'll like the price they come up with when you call. They are a site sponsor.
Exactly what I did years ago and was pleasantly surprised at the price. Added the SLP dual exhaust and have been happy for a while now.

Sounds awesome at start-up, around town, is beastly at WOT, and absolutely no drone at all. Couldn't be happier, it's been installed for almost 60K miles now with absolutely no issues.

If you're looking to stay single outlet and future plan is to get headers, maybe try finding a used Corsa Touring? Or just get a magnaflow welded in at your local exhaust shop since you need a quick fix and add your headers later.

·
Registered
06 tbss awd
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ordered the xspower headers with offroad Y... now to finish off the ehaust... I was told the corsa sport was a nice setup but im open to other ideas seeing that setup is $800+

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
2,747 Posts
ordered the xspower headers with offroad Y... now to finish off the ehaust... I was told the corsa sport was a nice setup but im open to other ideas seeing that setup is $800+
I'm a stainless works dealer, check them out, they have some nice products!

·
Registered
06 3SS TBSS RWD
882 Posts
Search ! There have been tons of setups and opinions. Lately Ive seen a lot of talk about the Borla XR-1 mufflers. Bunch of sound clips on youtube. They sound pretty damn good too ! All depends on what you want, you want a do it yourself bolt on ? Then get yourself a Corsa, StainlessWorks, JBA or Magnaflow exhaust. Do you want custom ? Buy a muffler and have it welded in. But from the sounds of it , that your muffler " fell off " sounds like your exhaust is shot. Id buy one that replaces everything and start will all new piping. Again, SEARCH for what YOU LIKE , not what everyone else does. I was in the same boat when I bought my truck, they said search so I did.

·
Registered
06 tbss awd
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I spent the last 2-3 days searching and today I just ordered the corsa sport system! it's not that easy to search the 627484736 posts on here so I asked instead... I'm still learning a lot on how to navigate on here and also this is my first V8! all my other cars didn't have pistons or valves lol

·
Premium Member
2008 Trailblazer SS
2,764 Posts
The Corsa is definitely not a quiet system but has a nice rasp. With a cam and no cats you'll surely get noticed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
06 3SS TBSS RWD
882 Posts
I spent the last 2-3 days searching and today I just ordered the corsa sport system! it's not that easy to search the 627484736 posts on here so I asked instead... I'm still learning a lot on how to navigate on here and also this is my first V8! all my other cars didn't have pistons or valves lol
Use google . Type in what your looking for and add tbssowners behind it. I dont use the search function on the forum

·
Registered
Saab 9-7x Aero
190 Posts
To search only a specific site on google:

Corsa sport site:tbssowners.com

You can do the same for any site.

·
Registered
09 Trailblazer SS
310 Posts
Or just go directly to YouTube and search trailblazer SS exhaust or tbss exhaust and prepare for hours of entertainment

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
144 Posts
Wat

1 - 17 of 17 Posts