Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Make it a double...
2008 AWD TBSS
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to go raise my truck and my f'in jack is broke - again. This is the third jack I have owned over the last 6 years. My old man has had the same damn jack for 20. What gives?

Can anyone suggest a good brand of jack. I am not afraid to spend a little extra $$ to get a quality product.

·
Call da amber lamps
TrailblazerSS
966 Posts
How much was that one ten eighty? I have a non aluminum Craftsman jack, it's heavy as hell, but has survived the everyday abuse from me using it in a shop for the past four years.

·
Whiskey Tango...
AWD TBSS
4,084 Posts
I have a craftsman 3 ton. It cam with jackstands and a creeper, I think it was about $100? The thing has help up just fine so far. One thing I did was wrap the middle of the handle with a few old microfibers and then wrapped it all up with some electrical tape. Might sound kinda lame but it keeps the hadle from bumping into the side of the truck.

·
Willy M'Fn Wonka
07 Trailblazer SS
7,244 Posts
I have a craftsman 3 ton. It cam with jackstands and a creeper, I think it was about $100? The thing has help up just fine so far. One thing I did was wrap the middle of the handle with a few old microfibers and then wrapped it all up with some electrical tape. Might sound kinda lame but it keeps the hadle from bumping into the side of the truck.
Got this same one (kit) but my creeper wheels weren't in there...lol Never did get them (never went back to ask for them..doh)

·
Whiskey Tango...
AWD TBSS
4,084 Posts
Maybe a creep stole them.

Man thats bad!

·
The Worlds my Playground
4,823 Posts
Got this same one (kit) but my creeper wheels weren't in there...lol Never did get them (never went back to ask for them..doh)
Have the same kit too.. Use foam pipe wrap on the handle, easy-on-easy-off and well padded..

Didn't get a cam, I got wheels though... :rofl:

·
Make it a double...
2008 AWD TBSS
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have owned a couple different Sears (Craftsman) brand jacks and the pumps keep leaking. Rebuilt one of them and got it to last 2 1/2 years.

Does anyone have a Napa brand jack? We have them at work and they are nice, but run ~$275-300.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts