Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My truck is at the dealer getting a rebuild and the tech told me since my warranty is almost up if I wanted to to some aftermarket stuff that he would put in for me for 300 so I would like to do a cam and verter let me know guy or pm me

·
Premium Member
2008 Imperial Blue
4,473 Posts
I would suggest call Greg at Phoenix for a converter, or perhaps hit up Shaun (86Merc) or Britt (Nutty Professor).

For a cam, maybe Alvin for one of his grinds, if he has one in stock, since you are in a rush.

Just a suggestion.

Keep in mind, a cam will require a tune afterwards.

·
Registered
826 Posts
I have a Circle D I6 11 in converter Id sell pretty cheap. Only 5k miles on it. PM me if interested.

·
Premium Member
Trailblazer SS
15,616 Posts
Buy a new attitude can for 400 now cause 300 for a cam install and stall is dirt ass cheap

·
Premium Member
2008 Imperial Blue
4,473 Posts
Yea I have hpntunner software that I do myself
And thanks what you think about a circle d
Never heard anything bad about a Circle-D.

I have a PTB3200 in mine, and it hits quite hard. But, it does affect city mileage, and I can definitely tell there's a converter in there.

·
Premium Member
2008 Imperial Blue
4,473 Posts
Buy a new attitude can for 400 now cause 300 for a cam install and stall is dirt ass cheap
But, you have to replace the springs and probably the pushrods, with the Attitude, and you really should have headers too.

Not saying it's a bad idea, but way more than I would want for a DD. Perhaps a Stealth or Rob style, IMO.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
232/236 .574/.578 114 +4

what do you guys think about this cam it look like its the smallest cam the moze has for sale

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have a Circle D I6 11 in converter Id sell pretty cheap. Only 5k miles on it. PM me if interested.

Currently reworking my combo,.. again

pmd

·
Premium Member
2008 Imperial Blue
4,473 Posts
232/236 .574/.578 114 +4

what do you guys think about this cam it look like its the smallest cam the moze has for sale
It's a lot bigger than stock. It depends on what you want to do with the truck, really.

IMO, it's too much duration, a tad tight on the LSA.

Again, it's only my opinion, but camshafts are the one area I wouldn't compromise to save a few dollars, get the exact one you think you need, as the labor involved just isn't worth the $100-$200 savings.

Again, just my opinion.

This cam will definitely be noticeable, and require a decent amount of tuning, and really benefit from headers.

·
Premium Member
2007 TBSS AWD
31,504 Posts
232/236 .574/.578 114 +4

Dont buy a used cam just to save $.

That cam isn't right for a tbss and I dont think you will be pleased with results. If you were to run a 232/236 cam I would want it on a tighter lsa then a 114.

·
Premium Member
2008 Trailblazer 3SS
1,422 Posts
I have a #PTGM300/245 Phoenix 3600 converter for sale that I have currently installed in my truck. This converter has no more than 1000 miles since it was installed 6 months ago. It has a heavy duty damper and clutch (single disc so don’t lock it up at wide open throttle), furnace brazed cover, tig reinforced fins and turbine, hardened turbine splines and anti balloon hub. I obviously don't have any pics of my actual converter but here is the link to their website

http://www.phoenixtrans.com/html/converters.html

$390 shipped

It will come off if I get my new one soon or if someone obviously buys it

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well I want to say thank to super slow on the awesome deal on the converter I also want to inform you guys that I did buy pcm formless rob style cam and there spring push rods ext. Hopefully I can have everything here by the end of next week the tech is trying to stall for me but there getting on his case also I would like to add thatnif wasn't for some fucking fagat ass mother fucker (carbonrevo) that I trusted and sent money for a y pipe fucking 2 and half month ago and hasn't sent me my money back or part I hate there is such scum in this world he's lucky that he don't live in south Florida because he would have two in his chest :banhim:(carbonrevo):banhim:

·
Premium Member
Trailblazer SS
15,616 Posts
232/236 .574/.578 114 +4

I think th the same cam I have and it's all sound! No power at at. If you put this cam in our motor and Stuck it in a 90's camaro it would run low 11's.... It's nota good cam corpus heavy trucks

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well I trust PCM for less and the numbers they put down maybe it won't put down as much for built motor maybe it's for ported heads or stock heads

1 - 18 of 18 Posts