Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
bought a new nav/dvd unit the other day (alpine ina-900bt), picked up the metra adapter with it and have some questions.

where has everyone mounted their nav antenna? i'd like to have it as low profile as possible. i read the factory one is under the dash??

on the metra harness there is a 3.5mm jack coming out of one of the harnesses...wtf is that for?

and the bluetooth mic. i've seen a couple threads on them but was interested in other ideas as well. i'd like to tap into the onstar mic, has anyone been successful with that?

if some of the questions are obvious it's because i haven't had time to tear into it and see what's going on in the dash. after 70-80 hrs a week the last thing i want to do is come home and lose my patience with expensive toys lol. plus id like to have all my ducks in a row so it's a painless install as i'm sure i'll be doing it on a limited time schedule

·
stupid white guy
TrailblazerSS
4,887 Posts
I put my antenna under the dash piece where the speaker grilles are. Works fine.

For Bluetooth mic I wound up running it up to by rearview mirror.

3.5mm jack may be for remote, like for steering wheel controls. Read the I do that cane with the harness and see what it is.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
for future reference the 3.5mm jack is still a mystery. stereo has been installed a month or so and works flawlessly (well, one brain fart but it fixed itself). when i got behind the dash there wasn't anything for that harness to hook to, so i'm guessing it is for steering wheel controls since i don't have them.

and i didn't even try the onstar mic. just ran mine up by the rear view mirror as well. it's hard to notice and you don't have to yell for people to hear you...only 2 things i was worried about lol

1 - 4 of 4 Posts