Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Figured I'd start a build thread since this seems to be an unconventional build. It's been going on for a few years so I'll post some pics and jump ahead to where I am now.

Blew up my stock ls2 back in 2013 from the dreaded oil pickup.

Been a slow building process since then. Started out wanting a budget 408 but ended up throwing the budget out the window and going with Callies compstar rods and crank along with diamond pistons. I originally bought an lsxrt for it but I ended up changing my mind and selling it

Switched to an edelbrock super victor with a mother pucker from Nitrous Outlet. Ever since NO came out with the puck, I had to have one. Talked to them at PRI last year and found out they had a "mother pucker" that could handle a 600 single shot of nitrous instead of the 400 that the puck could. Needless to say I had a mother pucker ordered in February lol

Finally put the engine and trans back in the truck after pulling it out so the truck could sit outside over winter. And that's about where I'm at now

I'll keep this updated with the more work that I do. If you have any questions about anything, just ask

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
Sold
5,853 Posts

I'll keep this updated with the more work that I do. If you have any questions about anything, just ask
Nice build!

What's the plan to get hood clearance?

Any trans mods to hold the power of the 408 with 600 shot?

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice build!

What's the plan to get hood clearance?

Any trans mods to hold the power of the 408 with 600 shot?
Thanks.

I will probably end up getting a cowl hood or trying to space the hood hinges up to clear the throttle body adapter. I have even thought about cutting a hole in the hood like all the high hp c6's to clear their high ram lol.

I will never run the 600 shot. I think it currently has a 150 shot in it now and that should be more than enough for me. Just figured I would go with the bigger puck just because :dunno: Its got a 2wd 4l80 behind it with a fresh hughes performance rebuild kit with all the normal billet hard parts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Following this cool build.. I'm over in Sturgis not far from ya :p

·
Premium Member
'08 Silver TBSS
4,563 Posts
Also following your build. Nice pics! Why did you go with the car accessories and not keep the truck accessories since you're running the Vic Jr?

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Following this cool build.. I'm over in Sturgis not far from ya :p
Not too far at all. Not very many around that are modded as much as ours lol

Also following your build. Nice pics! Why did you go with the car accessories and not keep the truck accessories since you're running the Vic Jr?
Thank you. I went with the camaro accessories because I think they look better than the truck accessories. That's about the only reason

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well I am back. Did not realize that it had almost been a year since last updating this post.

Ive been pretty busy in the last 8 months with my fiance and I buying our first house in May and planning/paying for our wedding in October. I have been able to buy some parts I needed for the SS so Ive slowly been working on that too.

I will try to come up with a chronological list of what I have done with it since last September so here goes:

-Got the driveshaft in
-Battery is relocated to the back
-Got the accusump mounted under the driver door
-Bought a custom fwi intake from facebook and added an uni filter
-Bought a set of speed engineering headers and off road y pipe(had vbands added for easy removal)
-Started wiring some stuff up
-Got a moroso catch can and derale pwm fan controller from my fiance for Christmas
-Got the innovate motorsports psn1 gauge from my parents for Christmas
-Installed my new head unit in the truck
-Bought a used pair 17x7 s77's for the front of the truck and a cf scotts hood to clear the throttle body elbow
-Bought an arc 8000d switch panel to control the electronics
-Pre-ordered the 15x10 s77s that xrpm and 1320 wheels started selling
-Hooked everything up in the engine bay to get it ready to fire
-FINALLY got it running at the beginning of April (just in time to move at the end of the month lol)
-Fabbed up a temporary exhaust for the time being (because my new neighbors threatened to call the cops the first weekend we moved into our new house)
-Had my friend/tuner fabricate a standalone nitrous tank for my battery tray
-Bought a set of rear tires for the 15x10s when they eventually come
-Found an oil leak coming from back of engine where it meets the trans so we pulled the engine and found that it was leaking from where the pan bolts to the rear cover. I then realized that i did not put rtv there like i should have. Laid a bead of rtv and let it set up and the leak was gone so the engine was reinstalled later that afternoon.
-While the engine was out, we also found that cylinder 5 was not firing. We traced that down to the coil not firing so ordered a new one and fixed the problem
-Bought a canton coolant overflow reservoir and got my radiator and heater core hoses ran
-Started to do some more wiring
-Bought the rear end that Matt (TNSS) was selling because it was too good of a deal to pass up and id need the suspension components to put my power to the ground without blowing the tires off

And I think that is about where I am at now. I will try to post some pics on tapatalk if i can get a good enough signal here at work or I will post them when i get home

·
Registered
383 Posts
Great progress! I'll have to drive over your way soon and check it out in person!

·
Old but not Dead Yet!
TrailblazerSS
9,572 Posts
To start with, when you blow one up, you blow the hell out of it! That is one really nice project with great pictures and it looks like you are in the short rows. What is your estimate on the HP you will have with the 150 shot of Nos? Anyway super job and good luck getting it going soon.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Great progress! I'll have to drive over your way soon and check it out in person!
Thanks. Im just ready for it to be complete lol

To start with, when you blow one up, you blow the hell out of it! That is one really nice project with great pictures and it looks like you are in the short rows. What is your estimate on the HP you will have with the 150 shot of Nos? Anyway super job and good luck getting it going soon.
Thank you. I had to drive it almost 2 miles to work after it went boom and started smoking. I was actually surprised it never seized up for being without oil for that long. As for hp, Im hoping for over 725 with that shot

·
Old but not Dead Yet!
TrailblazerSS
9,572 Posts
That is surprising that it went that long without oil. The 725 hp is probably pretty close and that will be a thrill on the 1320. Good luck. BTW, I had not seen that term before you used it for NA (Nitrous Assisted). That is cute.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Did a few things over the weekend

Got the triple aeroforce setup mounted along with the lotek pod. Got the custom aeroforce setup from Trevor Greenstone on facebook or tgcreative.net . Heard some bad reviews on Facebook about the pod but couldn’t beat the $50 price tag. I figured that I might as well try it out firsthand. Can’t wait to monitor the mpg’s

Got the radiator, shroud and fans, and hoses reinstalled after having to pull the engine to fix the oil leak. Got the heater hoses rerouted and the overflow tank mounted also. Will most likely fill it with coolant this weekend

Finally got the rear end mounted up and the brakes back on. I’ll be ordering the custom brake lines later this week. I’ll finally be ready to measure for coilovers once my wheels come hopefully later this week also

·
Premium Member
07 tbss awd
1,293 Posts
Damn that’s a lot of aeroforce gauges! Looks good, too bad I couldn’t get just one aeroforce that actually worked out of the box for my build..lol

·
Premium Member
07 tbss awd
1,293 Posts
Sorry to hear that. They just wouldn't work??

Just one gauge, it turned on and worked one once for setup and then it just went blank and would not stay powered on. Aeroforce took it back for warranty repairs without question. I was a little frustrated but it seems their customer service is pretty good so it’s hard to complain.

·
Old but not Dead Yet!
TrailblazerSS
9,572 Posts
Looks like you are close to running that thing man? Hope it runs well and you get it tuned right.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts