Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
wasting lots $$$ since 08
TrailblazerSS
788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
idk why the hell its doing this but i am not driving lol unless it rains any suggestions??

·
TrailblazerSS
788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i messed around all with it... it reads off and still stays running

·
TrailblazerSS
788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i just them to be off running around town today

·
Premium Member
2006 TBSS 3SS
17,602 Posts
I dont know about the washer integration but sometimes the park switch which is built into the wiper motor fails and they wont shut off.

I would think since the washer is going too its unrelated.

Assuming you dont have the rainsense option.

Sounds like a switch problem. Since the squirter activates the wipers I would guess thats stuck.

·
TrailblazerSS
788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yea i was reading a thread on trailvoy i pulled fuse 33 in the back now in good till it rains haha

·
Mattmikemark
2006 Trailblazer SS
5,366 Posts
Ignition switch. haha jk

·
mixmaster
TrailblazerSS
828 Posts
that sucks, i remember on my TA when the motor died on the wipers they stayed like 2/3 up the windshield, shit sucked

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,842 Posts
Mine was doing this also upon startup. I would just turn the wipers on one click and it would squirt water but when I turned them back off it would stop the wipers. Had to do this everytime I started it for like 3 weeks. My fix was trading it in lol.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
11 Posts
New to the site but I was looking for the solution to this same problem and found out nothing so with the process of elimination I found mine. I thought switch too due to the double issue wipers and washer not going off. I replaced that first $200 and dealership will not take back. (sucks) I then replaced the wiper motor and bam wipers now work when i want them to and my washer tank is staying full. So for the future i hope this helps any of you with this annoying problem.

·
Premium Member
'08 TrailblazerSS
4,146 Posts
Sorry I'm not around as much as I used to be or I could have helped much sooner. We see a lot of water intrusion into wiper motors that make them behave that way. I have a Vette in my stall right now where the cowl drain tubes got clogged with leaves and filled the cowl with water and submerged the wiper motor. Usually a tell tale is when you disconnect the wiper motor connector from the motor, it will show corrosion.

·
TrailblazerSS
788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It ended up being the wiper module. Dealership didn't want to fix it. I told them it would be a shame to come after them because I got into a wreck .. After that they told me to enjoy my new module and have a nice day.. Cheap pricks.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.