Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My name is Rich Downing, co owner of ARPERFORMANCE.NET ... I'm a paraplegic that refused to stop hot rodding after beng paralyzed at work... n refused to be told by shops that I maybe should reconsider my hot rods.... so ... hence me going in to business for myself.

I bought a 2006 TBSS last year that was posted up on this forum... great price... n as advertised had rust issues... but I was game because I knew I have issues and was pulling the wrap off and the body right off the frame.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So. Fast forward to today...

+Body is off frame. Frame is being prepped to stay AWD all while being dropped on Air Bags (complete custom front suspension)... weight reduction, rust removal and then reinforcement work is being done.

(btw... I will be looking to sell this AWD capable Air Ride suspension as a kit... Cryogenically treated of course)

+Cryogenically treating my new iron LS2, rotating assembly, ring/pinion, transmission, transfer case, axles.

+Wrap is mostly off, body getting rust repaired on rear hatch

+Interior semi removed

+Suicide doors completed. Awaiting actuators.

+measuring for roll cage now. Chromoly finally was in stock.

+Veigel hand controls installed. (Im a dealer/installer for handicap mobility accessories... I wanted to make sure I wasn't keeping all the handicap hotrodding for myself... coolest way I was able to give back for my blessings)

Well... thanks for reading along... I will be sure to keep this thread updated best as possible.
Follow me on IG too...
@ar_performance_nj
@Richie_d38

Attachments

·
Registered
Saab 9-7X
89 Posts
Looks great! Im looking forward to the finished product.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Reactions: theheder

·
Registered
Saab 9-7X
89 Posts
Wow I just realized I have been working in your area for the last few years and never knew . I did all the recent dredging in Mystic and Osborn Island now I work at the end of Dock Rd by Tips hardware rebuilding the dike. I may have to stop by one day to say hey and check out the build.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
109 Posts
Very cool build! Love the exterior color. Looking at the pic of the frame without the body, is the suspension dropped or factory ride height?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts