Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Premium Member
TBSS 3SS
1,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I decided to go with the Belltech Performance Rear Shocks #2210DD. I'm taking my suspension mods one piece at a time since my budget is small.

I currently run on stock airbags with scott's adjustable linkage rods.

My review -

Where I bought them:
http://www.stylintrucks.com/parts/belltech_street_perfomance_series_shocks/1882.aspx

What they say about them:
For the Street Performance shocks, Belltech's engineers focused their attention on tuning the low speed compression characteristics of this shock absorber, which is responsible for controlling your trucks pitch and roll. The Progressive rebound tuning will complement large aftermarket wheels, keeping the ride smooth and firm.

• The ultimate street performance solution
  • Vehicle specific applications.
  • Oversized Construction provides additional damping control
  • 15mm piston rod, 35 mm piston and a 55 mm shock body
  • Teflon coated bushings and piston seals avoid metal to metal contact, provides lowest possible friction
  • Increase in handling and performance at maximum comfort

Installation:
Under one hour with hand tools. Remember not to cut the strap until you set in the top and bottom bolts. Installed shocks without lifting the vehicle. I did use the jack to compress the suspension to get the mounts even with the shocks holes. (REMEMBER - DON"T CUT THE STRAP).

The shocks is supplied with 2 rings that you need to install on both sides of the shocks to extend the shocks mounts to fit within the bottom bracket. The stock Bilsteins shocks have it included as one piece. (pics coming soon).

DRIVER SIDE:

PASSENGER SIDE:

Bottom bracket - use the two rings as supplied

The ride:

O M G, stick a focking banana in my tailpipe...trash the stock shocks and go buy yourself aftermarket shocks. Especially if you are lowered with stock air bags. It is an understatement when people say it rides-better-than-stock. The back is tight and does not wallow when hitting uneven payment or roads with patch work of potholes.

On the stock shocks and lowered, the back felt loose like you had no shocks at all.

I have discovered that I may have hit bottom too many times running the suspension mods without good shocks. I'll upload the pictures later.

Bottom line:
If you are running the same suspension mod as me, its is a no-brainer to buy aftermarket shocks. For $60 each, you will definitely feel the difference in the upgraded ride quality. The stock shock is great if you are running stock height but once you lower it...its highly recommended to change out your shocks.

Should've done it sooner. :fool:

:cheers1:

·
Administrator
Trailblazer SS
30,401 Posts
Ill beat anyones pricing on the rear shocks!!!!

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,800 Posts
may not be relevant but 2WD or AWD?

what height were you sitting at on bags?

what height are you at now?

·
Premium Member
TBSS 3SS
1,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Premium Member
TBSS 3SS
1,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Premium Member
TBSS 3SS
1,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
great eval, pics and write up!!!!!:cheers1:
Thank you. Giving back info instead of the drama shit going around. :basketball:

·
Administrator
Trailblazer SS
30,401 Posts
Reactions: 06WhiteSS

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
2,655 Posts
Cool I was thinking about these. Bought my truck with kbees in the front and the bags deflated, rode like shit til I cut the bump stops and out on a hotchkis bar. Still not 100% happy with how the ride is and the rear seat passengers get jolted around a bit more than the front. I think I'm gonna pick a set if these up. I would also be curious to try another bilstein cause I love what they did to my Impala. They make a good shock but the stock one does suck when lowered.

·
Administrator
Trailblazer SS
30,401 Posts
no problem ill beat it.

·
Registered
2007 TBSS 3SS
525 Posts
Tony will match what ever price there is advertised. i just bought my front struts from him and he matched the price.

Ill be getting with Tony about these next. Thanks for the review buddy.

·
Premium Member
08 TBSS
5,858 Posts
That is definitely going to be one of my next mods.. I REALLY dislike the floaty feel at higher speeds and she is definitely too top heavy.. I am RWD with the 1st Gen DJM drop kit and adjusted bags with a slight rake so she looks a little meaner, but I am not happy with the ride the rear gives now..

Tony, can you shoot me a PM with some budget minded options and a price shipped to 08053 PLEASE?!?! My truck is a DD that tows NOTHING, BUT.... She does and will continue to hit the drag strip and I do drive fairly spirited to and from work.. I like to push my truck a bit once in a while..

·
mixmaster
TrailblazerSS
828 Posts
Would these benefit a stock suspension setup, would it lower in the rear with these?

·
Administrator
Trailblazer SS
30,401 Posts
yes even stock set up it rides better with the belltech shocks in.

The front drop struts/mated with the rear shocks by belltech gives the truck a better feel then stock.

·
Premium Member
Trailblazer SS
1,041 Posts
I just installed these along with kbees/a arms in front and love the ride. I would recommend these even if your still on stock springs and lowered bags in back it rides way better. Nice write up also.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
2,590 Posts
how easy/hard are the front drop struts to install?

under an hour for the rears as stated but anyone who was a first timer have an estimate on how long it would take to to a front/rear install?

·
Administrator
Trailblazer SS
30,401 Posts
how easy/hard are the front drop struts to install?

under an hour for the rears as stated but anyone who was a first timer have an estimate on how long it would take to to a front/rear install?
rear shocks take 10 mintues to chnage out all you need is a 18mm socket and wrench.

front about 45 per side for front and you need spring compressor.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts