Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All, just wanted to post my brake controller install as an FYI. It's a Redarc Tow-Pro from etrailer.com https://www.etrailer.com/Trailer-Brake-Controller/Redarc/RED44FR.html

Installed the main unit behind the factory headlight switch then I integrated the remote trailer brake control knob into the factory headlight switch. I'm only posting as an FYI since it works well for me, your mileage may vary.

Car Grey Automotive design Font Personal luxury car
Circuit component Input device Audio equipment Gadget Passive circuit component
Gadget Cable Output device Audio equipment Gas
Musical instrument accessory Wood Camera accessory Cable Hardwood
Automotive tire Automotive lighting Flash photography Automotive design Bumper
Automotive tire Automotive lighting Automotive design Motor vehicle Bumper
Car Vehicle Steering part Motor vehicle Automotive design

·
Registered
'07 3SS 2WD
387 Posts
How did you integrate it into the chassis?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think you’re asking how I mounted the main unit to the car and it’s in the pictures. Secured to the dash structure via four screws.

For the wiring, I used the factory brake controller wiring and spliced it to the pigtails from the brake controller. I forget now but I think I also had to hook up the battery cable which was already under the hood next to the fuse box—I’ll delete the battery section of my post if I learn I’m misremembering projects.

·
Registered
'07 3SS 2WD
387 Posts
For the wiring, I used the factory brake controller wiring and spliced it to the pigtails from the brake controller.
Does this have a part #?

When I bought my '04 Duramax it came with a pigtail to plug into the fuse box for the brake controller.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Does this have a part #?

When I bought my '04 Duramax it came with a pigtail to plug into the fuse box for the brake controller.
I just used the universal harness which came with the controller (harness on controller side, four wires on the vehicle side). The TBSS doesn’t have a prewired harness on the vehicle side to plug into, so you’re stuck splicing the four connections.

Red = 12 Volts
Light Blue = Brake lights
Black = Ground
Dark Blue = Trailer brakes

1 - 5 of 5 Posts