Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2000 Olds Bravada AWD. 118k miles. It was bone stock when I got it on Friday. It now has r1 concepts slotted/drilled rotors, ceramic pads, 275/35ZR18 black C6 Z06 wheels on all 4 corners, 2 in blocks in the rear and the torsion bars will be cranked down this coming weekend. I also have DDM slim 35w 5000k lows and 35W raptor 6000k fogs in it already. only other plans are window tint and regular maintenance. Time to keep the miles off the TBSS and save for some mods.

·
Premium Member
06 black awd tbss
5,953 Posts
Get belltech's torsion bar keys! Lower's the front up to 3 inches! Thats what I was using on my first gen. Even had the vette wheels as well! Looks good!

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Haha, I guess the Bravada is a love or a hate thing. I have had it a week and it has come leaps and bounds, in comparson to what I started with. The drop is priority for sure(already have the rear dropped 2 inches and put 1.25" spacers in the rear, ridin "Cali"). I want to start replacing some steering components ASAP, it definitely feels like an 11 yo vehicle vs the SS tightness. Looking forward to the coming months and how it is going to turn out. I think the 275/35s are lil smaller than I need or want. I am thinking 275/45s will fill the fender a lil better and make the ride a little more comfortable.

I will update this thread over the next few weeks and I am sure I will win over some people.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
2,141 Posts
Cant wait to see it dropped. Looks like a Zr2 now.. :D

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,727 Posts
Sorry but that looks ridiculous. You say you want to save money for tbss mods, but you are dumping a bunch of money into this pos? I don't get it.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
^ YOU FUNNY GUY:king1:. The R1 brakes were actually cheaper than getting quality parts from advanced or auto zone. The wheels were a splurge, but I wanted to get ZQ8 wheels and they would have been 600+ and then I would need tires as well. The drop is going to be less than $100 and I have to have window tint. After that, it gets driven and maintained( this is where the steering stuff will be replaced.. bc it is worn..i.e. maintenance).

Not to mention the fact that IF/WHEN the TBSS gets torn into for more mods, it will mean it will be down for more than one day... this is where the DAILY DRIVER portion comes into play....

Did I help you get it, now?

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Finally got it back together and got the rear spacers put on and the front brought down. I think it came out great. I just need window tint and my new tag and registration and I will be on my way to daily driver heaven! Enjoy!!!

·
Registered
08 White TBSS AWD
119 Posts
doesnt look bad at all. I would say when you need tires go with something a little bigger but thats about it.

·
Boost Addict...
Trailblazer SS
2,396 Posts
Looks great for a DD Jesse, need to get me something so I can keep the miles off the SS.

·
Yes... I know I'm short
'07 TBSS 2WD
7,017 Posts
doesnt look bad at all. I would say when you need tires go with something a little bigger but thats about it.
:iamwithstupid:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts