Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got her tuned on the dyno today after installing the new cam and pcmforless fender cai. 418 hp/415 tq. 45 hp gain over my stock cam and ieatsrt8 cai. Thanks lt1z for the custom cam and tune!

Attachments

·
trailer park living.
TrailblazerSS
16,328 Posts
is that onstock heads? those are some good numbers, prob better than i'll make.

How big is the cam if its not a secret?

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
is that onstock heads? those are some good numbers, prob better than i'll make.

How big is the cam if its not a secret?
Stock heads. Just a small cam .598 lift, need it to pass smog in CA.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Just send me a PM with what you are looking for and your mods. I can PM you my phone number if you prefer to talk over the phone.
I want a cut of this for the plug!

·
Premium Member
2007 TBSS
4,834 Posts
Great numbers and curve. Looks like everything worked out really good

I hate to bust your balls but dynomite dynos read notorisly high. I finished a vette with a magic stick cam that made 430. The guy was dissappointed because he dynoed it pre cam and it made 420 I couldn't convince him 430 was very good for a stock headed c5 zo6 so he went back to the original dyno and made 480. It was a dynomite

Here is another thread I remeber about this. http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/dynam...ynomite-dyno-comparison-2011-cts-v-coupe.html

again don't mean to bust your balls it's just not all dynos are created equal

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,350 Posts
Stock heads. Just a small cam .598 lift, need it to pass smog in CA.
Thats with the stock vavletrain correct? No upgrade on the pushrods, rocker arms, springs. Just wondering if the stock springs can handle the 600ish lift. I may look into a custom grind cam myself.

·
Premium Member
2007 TBSS AWD
31,503 Posts
Great numbers and curve. Looks like everything worked out really good

I hate to bust your balls but dynomite dynos read notorisly high. I finished a vette with a magic stick cam that made 430. The guy was dissappointed because he dynoed it pre cam and it made 420 I couldn't convince him 430 was very good for a stock headed c5 zo6 so he went back to the original dyno and made 480. It was a dynomite

Here is another thread I remeber about this. http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/dynam...ynomite-dyno-comparison-2011-cts-v-coupe.html

again don't mean to bust your balls it's just not all dynos are created equal
Same dyno where Tony made 425/415 numbers were also backed up by a Dynapack and we know his truck runs well at the track. As you know dynos are just tuning tools and nothing more. That is why I never personally post or ask others to post results. This truck made 375 rwhp on a dynojet before the cam and 4" FWI.
The dynojet in question is the same model as yours and by your own admission you state that dynojets are more consistant. Do you feel a 48 rwhp gain for a cam and 4" FWI is unreasonable on a 50 degree dyno day? This truck had catted Kooks before both the dynojet and dynamite dynos btw..... I think most will agree that this is inline with other good results measured on your own equipment. In fact this particular Dynomite dyno tends to read about 5 % lower than Dynojet it was previously dyno'd on.

We used a 4700 lb weight input in case you are wondering. It's hard to say how The Vette Doctors referenced in your thread have their inputs and weather data setup or what model they use. I realize that you made this post without knowing that the truck had previously been on a dynojet before the last round of mods.

There are ways to massage numbers but none of that is going on here. These numbers a right around what you would get if you added a fwi to your attitude dyno seen here, maybe a bit more but they are different cams.

But this cam has quite a bit less overlap then that.

Here is a little reading about the math behind a Dynojet from it's creator. This is quoted from the 3/06 Hot Rod magazine article.

"One of the biggest headaches of Dynojet’s go-it-alone chassis-dyno project was figuring out how to assign meaningful power numbers in the face of unknown inertia from the moving parts of the hundreds or thousands of engine, drivetrain, and tire combinations. Wrestling to fully understand inertia and powertrain losses, Dobeck and his team quickly realized that the standard physics formula of weight, time, and distance for converting acceleration into horsepower simply didn’t work-the derived number was always lower than accepted numbers. They poured on resources and burned up time and money investigating it, but no matter what they did, the math never added up.

Dynojet’s final number-fudge was arbitrarily based on a number from the most powerful road-going motorcycle of the time, the ’85 1,200cc Yamaha VMax. The VMax had 145 advertised factory horsepower, which was far above the raw 90hp number spit out by the formula. Meanwhile, existing aftermarket torque-cell engine dynamometers delivered numbers that clustered around 120. Always a pragmatist, Dobeck finally ordered his Chief Engineer to doctor the math so that the Dynojet 100 measured 120 hp for a stock VMax. And that was that: For once and forever, the power of everything else in the world would be relative to the ’85 Yamaha VMax and a fudged imaginary number. Dobeck’s engineering staff was dismayed by the decision, but the Dynojet 100 exclusively measured surplus power available to accelerate the vehicle’s mass-no more, no less-and that was true even if the modification was a low-inertia flywheel or lightweight wheels. As long as the inertial dyno’s numbers were repeatable, the critical question (did a particular modification make the engine accelerate faster or slower?) would be answered correctly."

·
Premium Member
2007 TBSS AWD
31,503 Posts
Thats with the stock vavletrain correct? No upgrade on the pushrods, rocker arms, springs. Just wondering if the stock springs can handle the 600ish lift. I may look into a custom grind cam myself.
No. It has PAC beehive springs, hardened pushrods and stock rockers. You cannot run this type of cam on stock springs. The heads are unported and have stock valves though. Stock unported intake manifold too.

·
Premium Member
07 Imperial 1SS 2wd
2,625 Posts
Good results for your mods.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 27 Posts