Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
TBSS
11,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I would like to say that I am 100% completely unsatisfied with the customer service I have gotten from my area dealer Ron Eling, I have been trying to contact him to warranty a tool for me for the past two weeks, I call he answers gives me some erroneous reason why he can not make it to my shop and to call and remind him to come by the next day or a later date. I call to remind him to come by, and I get no answer or no call back. I am sick and tired of his inadequacy as one of your dealers. I figured to hell with this guy, I'm going else where.

I also have talked to other Techs about Rons service, they all feel the same as I.

So I got a hold another dealers phone number by the name of Brain Kolesar, close by to my shop from a friend.

I had a very short and brief conversation with him. It pretty much boiled down to him not wanting to help me because he couldn't because I was not in his area!

This is complete and utter bullshit, I own thousands of dollars in tools from your company. And when one of them breaks I am without that tool for over two weeks because your dealers can not get their head out of their own god damned asses to do their damned job. I should not have to track a dealer down or even try to call other dealers to warranty my tools. This is ludicrous!

I have never had this happen with any of your competitors, Matco, Mac, Cornwell and even Sears! They are no questions asked, service with a smile and will go the extra mile to help. The service I have gotten from your dealers is lack luster at BEST!

You have lost a long time customer as a result of this. I will no longer buy anything that has the Snap-on logo on it. And if one of the other hundreds of tools I own with the Snap-on branding break, I will just toss it in the trash like some cheaply made in China tool and replace it with another name brand tool.

This has left me with a real bad taste in my mouth with your company. I don't even want a dealer to come by my shop, if one comes I'm just going to throw them out!

Your unsatisfied customer,
Tim

·
Premium Member
07 TBSS 1SS AWD
17,281 Posts

·
Banned
TBSS
11,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
tim, i can get you directly to a corporate head at snap on...

friend of mine i went to high school with, his dad is the north american vp of sales and marketing....

would that work?

you would have to clean the letter up a bit... and be professional about it.. .being that they are friends of the family and all...
Don't even worry about it Greg. I have reached and boiled over with this. I am done with Snap-on.

The phone call has been made to my Matco dealer to order me the replacement ball-joint press.

Thank you though.

·
Bad Monkey Racing
1,559 Posts
I almost bought into the MATCO Biz. But when Diesel was over $5 a gallon and I had to drive 200 miles a day, I figured maybe I should wait lol. I wish I could open a store and sell the tools out of a store and have a small truck deliver what is needed when its needed in the area. I love tools.

I have had issues with Snap On as well. I had the area rep come out to our hanger. I told him a set of cutters was loose and she said they were made that way (horseshit). It took me 3 months to finally catch him and replace that freakin tool. I dunno if I scared him or what but the dude would just run off all the time when he saw me coming. They pretty much shit on the little guy these days. Including thier driver/owners from what I heard. Anyway, if not for my GSA account I would have never bought Snap On, would have went with MATCO.

·
Trailblazer SS
15,616 Posts
:popcorn3:

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
49 Posts
I have ran into simular things in the past. I can get them to replace them, although i get the "i ordered the parts to fix it" or "i dont stock that, ill have to order it" and have to wait months. Its very frustrating. Im just glad im not a flat rate tech or id be pissed.

·
Call da amber lamps
TrailblazerSS
966 Posts
That sucks to have a bad dealer like that. My Snap-On and Matco dealers really go out of their way to help me out. Hell, another tech at my shop broke a 19mm impact socket, and Shaun from Snap-On was at the shop within the hour. We spend thousands, they should bend over backwards to help us techs out. I'm 100% satisfied with my Snap-On and Matco dealers, just the prices need to come down!!

·
Banned
TBSS
11,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That sucks to have a bad dealer like that. My Snap-On and Matco dealers really go out of their way to help me out. Hell, another tech at my shop broke a 19mm impact socket, and Shaun from Snap-On was at the shop within the hour. We spend thousands, they should bend over backwards to help us techs out. I'm 100% satisfied with my Snap-On and Matco dealers, just the prices need to come down!!
Oh, don't get me wrong. My Matco guy is the fucking shit!

·
Some PCM of NC bolton's
9,639 Posts
sorry to hear my snap-on guy is the only 1 I can count on Matco sht me and a few others out of some $ over 1 year ago only to not return. cornhole drives by my shop.

·
Registered
2007 TrailblazerSS
432 Posts
I have never had a good snap-on dealer. I just will not buy snap-on anymore because of the same reason as u Tim. There are 3 tools in my box with a snapon logo on it only one of which i bought. Ya snap-on is a good tool but the service and support after buying that tool is much more important to me.

·
Registered
391 Posts
My Matco rep ROCKS, my Snap On guy is a fucking Homo. Working in a body shop, I needed to buy a Hammer and Dolly set. 7Pc set from Snap on 508.00 Same set from Matco 285.00. I personally like the matco set better too.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
2,422 Posts
At my Automotive school they had a contract with Snap on so the snap on rep was a complete ass. Good thing for us the Mac guy would park at the Wal Mart parking lot giving us 50% percent off as students. So to end the story I have a lot of Mac tools.

·
Call da amber lamps
TrailblazerSS
966 Posts
At my Automotive school they had a contract with Snap on so the snap on rep was a complete ass. Good thing for us the Mac guy would park at the Wal Mart parking lot giving us 50% percent off as students. So to end the story I have a lot of Mac tools.
50% is great lol

I just started to buy some Mac tools before we lost out local dealer. Then some dickface took over - I never stepped onto his truck lol

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
713 Posts
just to be a dick at the end of the letter, I would ask them; Of the four companies I've listed above, which would be recommended?

·
Car Audio GURU
TrailblazerSS
144 Posts
I HATE SNAP ON! FUCK THEM IN THEIR FUCKING ASS!!!! Had many problems with them over the years. MATCO ROCKS!

·
Call da amber lamps
TrailblazerSS
966 Posts
And if one of the other hundreds of tools I own with the Snap-on branding break, I will just toss it in the trash like some cheaply made in China tool and replace it with another name brand tool.

Just saw this part. If you're serious about that, I'll buy 'em off you!

·
Registered
08 TrailblazerSS 2wd
597 Posts
The snap on dealer around here is a ass too. Which is y most of my tools are kobalt and craftsman. My only snap on is my adjustable an fitting wrench that I paid 70 bucks for the only reason I bought it was I needed one asap n I saw him at my buddies body shop

1 - 20 of 20 Posts