Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Pieced together a kit to get rid of the hideous stock intake plumbing. Haven't decided whether to extend the piping down inside the bumper or not. Gonna see what the intake temps look like with the aluminum in there instead of plastic.

4" 45* aluminum bend, 4" 90* elbow, 4" coupler to stock MAF. I used a 1" piece of 3.5" silicone hose around the MAF end and the 4" coupler fit perfectly..

·
Premium Member
TBSS 3SS
1,991 Posts
Good job. Looks like something I would purchase. And, that is how some of the vendors here started. ie....jetttstream and ieatsrt8.

:boff:

·
Premium Member
'07 awd
2,422 Posts
Nice job. intakehoses.com has alot good stuff.

·
TT AWD TBSS Jeep
TT AWD SS Pwrd Jeep
5,825 Posts
If you or anyone wants to make a homemade 4" FWI that goes under where the stock washer tank goes, buy a 180 degree aluminum mandrel bent pipe from amazon for $48. Cut it in half and make two 90 degree pieces. Drill a 4 1/4" hole under where the washer tank was, and buy two couplers and an airfilter and you have a home made 4" FWI. I made a thread on how to convert the radiator overflow tank to washerfluid in the how to section. Then go buy a $12.99 overflow tank from Advance auto parts, and it sits above where the 4" pipe turns down. G/L guys.

·
Premium Member
2007 TBSS AWD
31,504 Posts
If you or anyone wants to make a homemade 4" FWI that goes under where the stock washer tank goes, buy a 180 degree aluminum mandrel bent pipe from amazon for $48. Cut it in half and make two 90 degree pieces. Drill a 4 1/4" hole under where the washer tank was, and buy two couplers and an airfilter and you have a home made 4" FWI. I made a thread on how to convert the radiator overflow tank to washerfluid in the how to section. Then go buy a $12.99 overflow tank from Advance auto parts, and it sits above where the 4" pipe turns down. G/L guys.
This type of intake would benefit from a slot style maf instead of choking it down to 3.5" with the stock maf.

·
TT AWD TBSS Jeep
TT AWD SS Pwrd Jeep
5,825 Posts
+1 to what LT1Z says!! That is exactly what I am going to do when I do my turbo in the spring. Then I will be selling the 4" FWI I have now, and my old Volant!!

·
Registered
08 TBSS awd
394 Posts
i know i'm resurrecting an old thread, but for the filter what did you use and did you need any other piping for it? the stock filted hole is tiny, and i know chevy colorado filters will fit, but due to the angle the maf goes into the box i'm curious if they would still just fit right in.

anyone that knows please chime in! thanks

·
Registered
08 TBSS awd
394 Posts
whats an AFE filter? I owned a colorado and modded the crap out of it and i'm not catching that acronym.....or is that a brand? I ordered a direct replacement colorado air filter already. looks like it will fit when i opened the TBSS intake cover up, but the angle is all i'm questioning on where the maf goes in. I'll work around it at this point since its already been ordered but just curious.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
103 Posts
If my truck has a k&n cai on it and I change to this will the tune I have still work?

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
4,849 Posts
If my truck has a k&n cai on it and I change to this will the tune I have still work?
If your going with a 4" FWI and ls7 maf your tune will have to be adjusted.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
103 Posts
I was going to keep the stock MAF and just change the tubing and such to what is in the pic above. So any changes needed to the tune?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.