Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
06 TrailblazerSS
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see alot of guys on here talking about, magnaflow part #'s i want to go with part 3 12249 for my muffler.. Its centered inlet and outlet does this matter, considering our stock muffler is centered inlet and offset outlet???? i read on hear that 5x8x18 is what im lookiing for but is 12249 the right part # or not. 12249 is center inlet and center outlet or does that not matter?

·
Premium Member
'08 Silver TBSS
4,592 Posts
I would go with a center in - offset out to make welding up to the stock pipes easier. Also what made you decide on the 12249 muffler instead of the ones listed on the site? Most people go with the 11229 which is a little smaller than the size you listed, but sounds really good. The 12249 being a bigger muffler body will make it a little softer. I;m not sure how much tho.

·
Registered
06 TrailblazerSS
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i know everyone goes with the 11229 when they keep the resonator, but i want to delete my resonator, so i thought the 12249 is what i needed its 5x8x18.. reason i want to delete it is im sick if pulling the packing out that keeps blowing out...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.