Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I may be moving to indiana next summer- around the south bend area. I am currently in search of the perfect SS.

Just curious to see how many of you drive your SS during the winter to determine if it's practical. I have heard that this truck gets turned sideways pretty easily even on dry pavement.

Coming from TX, I already dont' know how to drive in ice or snow. Going to be rough for this southern boy

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
278 Posts
It's not too bad if you stay off of the pedal in the ice. The factory tires are shit on snow and ice, so if you buy one with just about anything but RSA's you'll be fine. The stabilitrak comes on almost too easily to prevent you from getting sideways. South Bend got some ridiculous snow last year so snow tires may be best.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,043 Posts
if you got awd don't worry about the winter/snow....we had a blizard up here in February and mine was great in it...I thought it was just as good in the snow as my 05 hemi Ram 4x4 quad cab was in the snow (minus the ground clearance)...but the ulitimate key is learning how to drive in the snow in any vehicle (awd, rwd, fwd)

·
No mods honey, I swear...
TrailblazerSS
858 Posts
If you've never driven in the snow, I'd buy a beater to get used to how a vehicle reacts in snow/ice before you venture out with your truck.

That being said, this will be my first winter with the SS, but I don't plan on driving it that often. That's what the Danger Ranger is for. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.