Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
06 TrailblazerSS
2,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
what would you guys recommend for my motor build. I am trying to stay as close to 10k as i can. Can you guys please help me with some options to make good N/A HP..maybe about 400-450 to the wheels.AWD. but that will be able to handle a TVS down the road.

rebuild stock block...buy short block? 376, 402? i just need some help with the components to build a good reliable motor capable of making 400-450AWD.

thanks for the help...

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
4,185 Posts
Rebuild the short block to a 370 or 402 and fill it with forged parts. Do a L92 heads, custom grind cam from alvin for the tvs. Make power now and for sure with the tvs.

·
Premium Member
06 TrailblazerSS
2,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so if i build it to a 402....

what forged parts do you suggest? would this setup work good with the proflow xt intake?

·
Premium Member
06 TrailblazerSS
2,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
what are your guys opinions on the TSP 402 longblock?

·
Registered
826 Posts
They sell nicely priced rotating assemblies but their build quality isnt the best. I wouldnt buy one.

·
RoyalT
TrailblazerSS
422 Posts
Call Fran from Race Proven Motorsports, tell him ryan from jersey sent you and let him know ur goals and he will walk you thru the options, he just finished up my 402, here's his number 3027984000, good luck with the build

·
Premium Member
06 TrailblazerSS
2,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks ryan...

now did he rebuild your shortblock? or did he make you a long block?

would you mind posting or pm'ing the price of your build?

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
4,849 Posts
so if i build it to a 402....

what forged parts do you suggest? would this setup work good with the proflow xt intake?
Eagle makes good forged parts!

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
4,849 Posts
thanks ryan...

now did he rebuild your shortblock? or did he make you a long block?

would you mind posting or pm'ing the price of your build?
Your looking at about 10-12k for a forged 402.

·
Registered
tbss. duh.
836 Posts
They sell nicely priced rotating assemblies but their build quality isnt the best. I wouldnt buy one.
i've heard this before, but when pricing longblocks i couldn't justify paying $1.5-2k more.. for what? is it their machine work you doubt? because besides machine work, assembling a long block isn't rocket science.

after doing a bunch of research i kinda get the impression that this sentiment was instigated by others charging a lot more for longblock builds...

i can only speak about my personal experience, and I am very happy with my tsp longblock

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
4,849 Posts
Is that to buy one or have one built? What about someone who would assemble themselves?
That would be to have one built, and if you could assemble it yourself then obviously the price would be cheaper.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
56 Posts
Why dont you just find a local machine shop to do the work? Theres nothing worse than spending a ton of money elsewhere for work and if something happens your stuck. Any reputable machine shop can guide you in the right direction that you need to go.

·
Premium Member
06 TrailblazerSS
2,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
what have you guys think of race proven motorsports?

my main issue is that i dont know exactly what is wrong with the motor, and i am deployed. so whatever shop i choose i will have to ship it to them and have them do the build. so i am just trying to figure out is is better to buy a long block and have some shop swap them, or to find a shop to pull my motor and rebuild it.....

·
Registered
2007 tbss 2wd
270 Posts
Talk to Fran at Race Proven he did just about everything to my truck for the last 2 years and its always been great. I would suggest you biult your motor now to a 402 and all forged parts theres no reason to take any other route. imo

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
4,849 Posts
:iamwithstupid:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts