Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well some of you might know that I purchased a set of HID's for the headlights and foglights through the Group Buy on this forum. I had them installed and on the second day one of the ballast tanks went out. Well I sent it back and received a new tank today. Installed the headlights again, checked them and everything worked fine.

Now, a couple hours later went to drive the truck, turned on the lights and nothing:dunno: Checked the fuses and they all appear ok. Im not sure whats wrong now. Hard to imagine having 3 bad tanks. Also my foglights have been working fine for the last 2 weeks or so. Anyone have any idea's? How are you all installing them and mounting them? Wondering if Im doing something wrong. Help!!!

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Premium Member
4,139 Posts
i went with a different ebay brand and have experienced the same problems, my fogs are great, never had a problem or anything. I have no idea why ive had trouble with the lows only. IM at the point im going to sell my HIDs and get silver stars or something. I feel your pain man... its really fucking annoying.

·
Premium Member
4,139 Posts
oh and one other thing that might help is i heard that the metal on the ballast cant touch other metal or it grounds itself out. I put double sided tape on mine to seperate them but still had the problems you described.

·
Registered
trailblazer ss
8 Posts
i have the same problems its because our cars cant put out enoght power were only puting out 6 - 8 volts through our lights it needs more i had it where one side would work and the other does''t you gota hook up a relay 2 the light evan then once en a blue moon they dont work

·
Founding Member!
2012 Ram 1500
5,053 Posts
I have not had one issue with mine since doing the relay method and powering them off the battery

·
Premium Member
TBSS
1,527 Posts
Danny did the install on mine and his the same way. Relay them, make an inline fuse, and you should be good...

Ours (mikes too) were all from the GB...

·
Founding Member!
2012 Ram 1500
5,053 Posts
Do you have a write up on the install with a relay? And what kind a relay did you buy? Thanks.
Ok here is a short version to bypass your daytime running lights:
You'll need a SPDT relay 30-40A.(single pole double throw)

First you have to tap the pink wire at the back of your head light switch
(this throws a negative when you turn your headlights on). Run this wire
through the large grommet to the left of your brake pedal and route it to
behind the driver's headlight. Connect this wire to pin 85 on your relay.

Next you'll need to connect a wire to constant power. You can get this either
at the battery or under the factory fuse cover that is under the hood.
Use the bolt to the left of the 125 amp fuse. Make sure you use your own
inline fuse on this wire(20 amp works fine). Connect this wire to pins 30&86 on
your relay.

Last connect 2 wires to pin 87 on your relay (1 goes to the power on the
Driver's side ballast & the other goes to the power on the passenger side ballast).
Ground the black (or ground wire) on each ballast.
Mount the ballasts and install your bulbs and you are done.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts