Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok,
Finally got replacement calipers due to bad powder coating. Calipers are installed with bleeder at top. Bought bidirectional OBD scanner to cycle ABS motor. Something still isn't right. ABS motor energizes. Am I supposed to get fluid out of the bleeder screw when ABS motor is running. No fluid in bleed cup. I can pump pedal and get fluid in cup from all calipers. I'm getting C0201 code. Checked connection at ABS. Connection seems good Cleaned the two grounds I found on frame under driver's door. Do I need a new ABS motor?

·
Registered
455 Posts
What I do, is not bleed using the ABS motors, but rather, bleed like normal, but also cycle the motors a couple times, then bleed like normal again. This way nothing was trapped in the motors, and it was pumped out. I've personally never tried to bleed while the motors are running, as that's just a logistical nightmare to cycle, crack open, bleed, close, repeat per corner...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Took my SS for a spin after bleeding. It's weird, truck doesn't have any power when taking off. Stabilitrack activates. C0201 code came back. The 2 ground wires were cleaned up on frame under driver door. Possible ignition switch?

·
Super Moderator
TrailblazerSS
1,367 Posts
I just bled my whole brakes saying fuck the system..
As seen in another post my brake line failed. My master cyl was dry for 3 months, had no line from master to abs pump under the frame. I have a vacuum tank I use for oil changes on jetskis, boats etc. I used that to assist the bleeding, the rear went easy but the front I could not get any fluid from. If you put the truck on jack stands have all 4 wheels off shift into 3 get up to speed slowly and lock the brakes it will activate the ABS pump and push the air to the caliper after multiple attempts and bleeding it worked perfectly. I read and watched all the videos about bench bleeding the master if new or empty and didn't bother maybe I got lucky.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

·
Lighter-than-you
496 Posts
I just bled my whole brakes saying fuck the system..
As seen in another post my brake line failed. My master cyl was dry for 3 months, had no line from master to abs pump under the frame. I have a vacuum tank I use for oil changes on jetskis, boats etc. I used that to assist the bleeding, the rear went easy but the front I could not get any fluid from. If you put the truck on jack stands have all 4 wheels off shift into 3 get up to speed slowly and lock the brakes it will activate the ABS pump and push the air to the caliper after multiple attempts and bleeding it worked perfectly. I read and watched all the videos about bench bleeding the master if new or empty and didn't bother maybe I got lucky.

I really didn't think there would ever be a third option to get pump to cycle but human ingenuity never ceases to amaze me.. nor do people with balls big enough to attempt doing it this way! What part was more fun? Getting in and out of drivers seat whilst not tipping it over? or the rush from getting your rotors up to 80mph while wondering "what if just one of these jacks lets go when I stab the brake"?
Glad you finally got it squared away without incident!

·
Super Moderator
TrailblazerSS
1,367 Posts
Truck was on 4 jack stands and had a floor jack under each B pillar when I did it, believe it or not that bitch didn't budge. The worst part was all the rust etc. flying around @70mph. I had a buddy sit in it while I bled everything. Brakes are solid as new and I still have the Clarksville lines to put on. I have no access to a Tech2 and my scanner don't do abs so I figured it's worth a shot.

Reactions: Mitch808
1 - 10 of 10 Posts