Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Me and the wife were in St. Louis this weekend and might be moving there. She's thinking about taking a job in Websters Grove, Mo. We were looking at houses in the Columbia,Il area and not one TBSS sighting the whole time. Whats the area hot rod scene like? And for that matter where the hell did all the long, straight roads go? Just wondering. I can get all the sports from Chicago on Comcast but, where are all the gearheads at?:crybaby:

·
Premium Member
2008 TrailblazerSS
1,496 Posts
Prepare to slow every aspect of your life down. My folks and sister live there, about 15mins SW of St. Louis, and people down there move at a lot slower pace then up here.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
3,002 Posts
It isn't all bad. I moved here from Southern California. I couldn't stand the traffic anymore. It is a slower pace for sure, but I enjoy it. Glen sounds like you have it figured out, live in Illinois and work in Missouri.

PS - I see 3-5 TBSS's a day around here.

·
Premium Member
2008 Imperial Blue
4,473 Posts
It isn't all bad. I moved here from Southern California. I couldn't stand the traffic anymore. It is a slower pace for sure, but I enjoy it. Glen sounds like you have it figured out, live in Illinois and work in Missouri.

PS - I see 3-5 TBSS's a day around here.
Where in SoCal were you at?

I don't blame you, the traffic is horrendous, not to mention the housing prices (still).

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
3,002 Posts
Steve,

I was in Long Beach, having to travel Huntington Beach, Century City, and lastly Montebello. I have family still there that leave at 5AM from Rancho Cucamonga to be at work at 7AM, leave at 5PM from Inglewood and be back home by 8PM. Just not worth it to me.

Here my commute is 20 miles one way and it take me 20 minutes. It doesn't matter which way I am going either which is nice. In defense of the OP, if you have to go across a bridge and there is an accident with a fatality, just turn around and go back home...3 hours plus has been my experience waiting for them to clear it.

·
Premium Member
2008 Imperial Blue
4,473 Posts
Cool.

I'm native here, so is my wife, and we can never think of a suitable alternative.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts