Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Administrator
2006 TBSS 3SS
17,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Only have two things on my car wash wish list left. One is a permanent mounted car wash pump with soap injection and warm water to be mounted in my garage. This will replace my roll around gas operated pressure washer.

The other thing was a 8HP Master Blaster. Today I took advantage of Adams 15% sale and ordered one. Although I can remove it from the wall it will pretty much be a permanent mounted unit as I do all my washing in the garage.

I am using compressed air now but think this will be a little nicer setup.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,569 Posts
When I was building my shop I told the builder I wanted a drain in the center of my shop so I could wash my trucks in the winter in a heated shop. He tried to talk me out of it but I told him to do it. Came home after they had roughed in the plumbing and no drain. They were pouring concrete the next day. Told him to make sure they trenched and added a drain before they poured. Came home After work to a beautifully poured foundation with no drain. I'm not still bitter about it all if you can't tell. Do you have a drain in the garage or just push the water out the door after you do it? I've always thought about washing in there and haven't done it. And congrats on the new detail toy Rich!

·
NE TBSS
TrailblazerSS
1,128 Posts
When I was building my shop I told the builder I wanted a drain in the center of my shop so I could wash my trucks in the winter in a heated shop. He tried to talk me out of it but I told him to do it. Came home after they had roughed in the plumbing and no drain. They were pouring concrete the next day. Told him to make sure they trenched and added a drain before they poured. Came home After work to a beautifully poured foundation with no drain. I'm not still bitter about it all if you can't tell. Do you have a drain in the garage or just push the water out the door after you do it? I've always thought about washing in there and haven't done it. And congrats on the new detail toy Rich!
You're better then me. I would have made them hammer it up and put the drain in.

·
Administrator
2006 TBSS 3SS
17,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Well I was the general contractor on my house and was onsite working remote every day so was able to get everything I wanted.

That said, I have three 12" square drains in my garage with 4" piping. Floors are heated off my Geo in the winter and the walls are MR board and everything down low sealed.

I would not want to use it professionally 8 hours a day spraying water everywhere but works great for a few car washes a week.

Attachments

·
NE TBSS
Trailblazer SS
317 Posts
I have the Metro Sidekick Blaster, that i run off an inverter in my truck. Holy crap its a beast. Never will i have water spots again. Can only imagine what the 8hp unit does.

·
Premium Member
Sold
5,648 Posts
I guess I am just a redneck since I use my 2 stroke back pack blower to knock the water off my rides.

·
TBSS Fleet Owner
'07 TBSS
13,611 Posts

·
Administrator
2006 TBSS 3SS
17,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I guess I am just a redneck since I use my 2 stroke back pack blower to knock the water off my rides.
I am sure that would work but its not filtered so anything sucked into that bad boy gets blown onto your paint. Not saying I havent tried it because I have. I am using the air compressor now with a 4' nozzle and rubber tip on end. Just hope this is better.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
508 Posts
Nope! I use the 20v Black and Decker leaf blower. Lightweight and no chord.

·
Mattmikemark
2006 Trailblazer SS
5,366 Posts
Have always wanted one but can't warrant the cost. The sidekick is awesome though, as well. I'm sure you'll love it.

·
Premium Member
07,09 -3SS- Blk,Slv
5,400 Posts
I've had mine for about 5 years now and use it every time I wash one of our vehicles. Works fantastic. Combined with the proper wash technique, you can almost eliminate swirling by drying with one of these.

·
Administrator
2006 TBSS 3SS
17,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well it sounds promising. I always wash in same spot so it will be a permanent mount and easy access.

Drying with the air nozzle is probably one the slowest steps in my process. Once I get past that point a quick spritz of detail spray and wipe down with double soft only takes about 2 minutes. If the master blaster speeds things up I will be happy.

Supposed to be here tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
07,09 -3SS- Blk,Slv
5,400 Posts
For the first 4+ years of owning mine I could only run one fan at a time. The outlets and garage circuit in our old house were only 15A and trying to run both fans would trip the breaker. That's not an issue in our new place because the garage circuits are all 20A throughout. Even on a single fan these kick ass.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts