Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Trailblazer SS
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys i am a new owner of a tbss 3 weeks and i noticed something yesterday i pulled the dipstick and i saw little metal shavings on the tip of the dipstick is this normal for this engine? there wasnt alot but was noticeable. engine has 47,000 miles.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
2,200 Posts
Since you are in chicago come to the bolt

Hi guys i am a new owner of a tbss 3 weeks and i noticed something yesterday i pulled the dipstick and i saw little metal shavings on the tip of the dipstick is this normal for this engine? there wasnt alot but was noticeable. engine has 47,000 miles.
on speed open house and maybe we can change the oil and cut the filter (we have an oil filter cutter).

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
892 Posts
Looks like you won a brand new motor, but one catch, you have to pay for it...sorry man :(

You definitely need to cut the filter though and see how bad it really is, but I would say....

·
Premium Member
Trailblazer SS
15,616 Posts
Any weird sounds coming from the motor?

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
4,849 Posts
:iamwithstupid:do you have any warranty left?

·
trailer park living.
TrailblazerSS
16,328 Posts
I'm not saying you didn't see the glitter, but are you sure it wasn't air bubbles in the oil catching the light.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
2,747 Posts
does it look like hair/stubble off the tip of the dipstick?

If so its from the dipstick catching the dipstick tube and pulling shavings off-I had this problem until I canged DS tubes.

If theres "glitter" in the oil=NEW MOTOR

·
Premium Member
06 TrailblazerSS
4,726 Posts
change oil and filter, and buy filter mag this thing will catch everything in you oil 100%.:2cents:

·
trailer park living.
TrailblazerSS
16,328 Posts
change oil and filter, and buy filter mag this thing will catch everything in you oil 100%.:2cents:
If there are shaving in a motor, most of the time its from the bearings or pistons.They wont stick to a magnet.

·
Premium Member
2007 AWD - 3SS TBSS
2,617 Posts
If you are 100% stock, and your TBSS is a 2007 or newer... or certified preowned 2006, then, you should be covered under warranty...

Hopefully they won't give you crap about receipts for oil changes...

Funny, my 2007 came with a magnetic plug....

I just bought a Dorman magnetic drain plug for my next oil change. I like to see what's going around in there. :biggrin2:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.