Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
2,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am about to sell the wifes car (keeping the TBSS don't worry!) and buy my buddies black 03 marauder. I know, I know, its a ford... But I really like the Marauder and it would be an improvement on the Yaris. They aren't the fastest cars in the world, but a cool family cruiser with a great engine (4.6 DOHC 32V) and a nice cushy ride.My buddy just wants what he owes on the car which is about 6500$ Tell me what you think of these cars!

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
2,787 Posts
I wouldn't get it.... For that get a 96 impala

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
2,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)

·
Premium Member
'07 TBSS 1SS
3,354 Posts
Nice car I loved them and was deep into Fords at the time they came out. Just be sure to check out the crown vic and marauder sites. I think Ford had changes to the transmissions in their production run where later ones had stronger trannys. Just know it isn't cheap to make those things run fast...4x's the cams...and they're low on bottom end torque.:coolthumb:

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
2,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nice car I loved them and was deep into Fords at the time they came out. Just be sure to check out the crown vic and marauder sites. I think Ford had changes to the transmissions in their production run where later ones had stronger trannys. Just know it isn't cheap to make those things run fast...4x's the cams...and they're low on bottom end torque.:coolthumb:
Yea for sure man, I just joined mercurymarauder.net and motorcitymarauders.com for some further insight. They aren't the fastest cars in the world, but I sure do like them! If I want to kick some ass on the street, ill just take the TBSS that day ;)

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
2,787 Posts
Still wouldn't get it... That's just me

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
2,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Still wouldn't get it... That's just me
That's alright man! Some like them, and some don't. I asked for opinions and I like to hear what people think, so you did your part there :biggrin2:

·
Premium Member
'07 awd
2,422 Posts
I'm a big fan of the endangered front engine rear drive cars. Although, I'm pretty much a GM guy, I liked those, until the Chargers and 300's came out, then the G8's. They look good, but quickly became outclassed.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
2,787 Posts
No problem !! Good luck !

·
WANNABE SS OWNER
Trailblazer SS 2wd
16,025 Posts
You can find cheap used blowers for the 4.6L. I have always liked the marauder.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
7,324 Posts
i like em! i dont think id ever own one, but i like how they look!

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
182 Posts
They are more than competent family cars. Ride well, drive nicely, handle well enough, and parts are plentiful. Like SSilveronyxx said, not a lot of low end grunt. Not sure why they ever put those in their large family car. You have to rev the piss out of them to get them moving. I am not a Ford guy at all but I have driven enough Crown Vics to win me over, I would have one for a family car. Good luck with it, the Marauders are sharp. Send pics if you do pick it up.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
2,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
You can find cheap used blowers for the 4.6L. I have always liked the marauder.
Thats the plan! I already know a guy with an 03 kenne bell cobra. He has the original Eaton blower in a box at his house..:muahaha:

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
2,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
They are more than competent family cars. Ride well, drive nicely, handle well enough, and parts are plentiful. Like SSilveronyxx said, not a lot of low end grunt. Not sure why they ever put those in their large family car. You have to rev the piss out of them to get them moving. I am not a Ford guy at all but I have driven enough Crown Vics to win me over, I would have one for a family car. Good luck with it, the Marauders are sharp. Send pics if you do pick it up.
Thanks man, it will be more then a suitable replacement for the wife's Toyota shit box.. i mean yaris. I used to own a 99 Crown Vic Police Interceptor myself, so i'm somewhat familiar with the panther platform.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
2,655 Posts
They look nice but I still wouldn't buy one, as said above get an Impala SS. They tried to hard to copy it, the story I heard was Ford bought an SS and tried to copy it in every way then crushed the SS when they were done designing it. Newer engine and platform, slower, same MPG. More HP less TQ and both are heavy. Impala is better looking, faster, and cheaper. You do the math. My buddy had one and liked it but didn't keep it long and is back in an Impala SS.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
2,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
They look nice but I still wouldn't buy one, as said above get an Impala SS. They tried to hard to copy it, the story I heard was Ford bought an SS and tried to copy it in every way then crushed the SS when they were done designing it. Newer engine and platform, slower, same MPG. More HP less TQ and both are heavy. Impala is better looking, faster, and cheaper. You do the math. My buddy had one and liked it but didn't keep it long and is back in an Impala SS.
i know there is sort of a rivalry between the Marauder and the Impala SS, this is from 0to60times.com "2003 Mercury Marauder 0-60 mph 6.8 Quarter mile 15.2" vs. "1996 Chevrolet Impala SS 0-60 mph 7.2 Quarter mile 15.4" not looking to start a debate, just sharing some info I read on the interwebz. Anyway like I stated before, the deal is too good to pass up. I would be paying him what he owes on the car which is around 6500$. 80k miles and the guy has floored it like 3 times and done ONE (1) small peel out.. this thing was babied!

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
2,787 Posts
Exactly. They built the car years later to compete against the impala ss and it still kicked it's ass

1 - 20 of 89 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.