Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Jedi Knight
Saab 9-7x Aero
510 Posts
I own it. Works pretty good. I'm saving up to buy their pro model one that is like $200.00.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
'07 SS3 Silverstone
3,805 Posts
This type of tool is ok for someone who polishes maybe once a year or needs spot correction here and there. For someone who polishes more than once a year, even the "Pro" model is a little novel. Stepping up to an actual machine polisher would be the correct step. One can pickup a polisher that is decent for around the same money--that is more efficient than relying on your cordless drill battery.

Thank you for the review.

·
Jedi Knight
Saab 9-7x Aero
510 Posts
This type of tool is ok for someone who polishes maybe once a year or needs spot correction here and there. For someone who polishes more than once a year, even the "Pro" model is a little novel. Stepping up to an actual machine polisher would be the correct step. One can pickup a polisher that is decent for around the same money--that is more efficient than relying on your cordless drill battery.

Thank you for the review.
Do you own this unit? You didn't say you did in your response so I have to assume you don't. Then how can you say if it is good or not?

I've used it now three times since I bought it in August and it works great. I got it as I wanted something quick I could go out and take care of touch ups or small scratches on any one of my cars without dragging out my Dewalt rotary and the power cords.

Everyone probably has a cordless drill at the house. And if you buy the meguiars little orbital it works great on a cordless drill. I use the professional polishes from meguiars on my new truck. When I bought it I was just testing it out on my bumper, but it worked so good I just kept on going after I cleaned up the scuff marks on my bumper and did the whole truck. Works great. The pad is small so it doesn't cover as big a area as a 6" pad but it does just as good a job. So for $39.00 dollars a person can get a very nice random orbital to attach to a drill they have at the house.

The pads are just as good as ones you get from say cobra, edge, or 3M or others. The different pad for each system for compound, polish, or finish wax work great.

To say a person can only use this once a year is WRONG. It's as good as any other system. It's just smaller, cheaper, and built very well coming from Meguiars. Is it not as fast as a $100 or $200 an up random orbital, because of the smaller pads. But it's damn sure faster than doing it by hand. It took me about 30 minutes to do my truck to just wax it. With my Dewalt it might take me 15 minutes to 20 minutes. That''s just me doing the monthly touch up coat on the whole vehicle. So it's not that much of a time difference really.

Are there better products to cover more area, that will last a long time, have more comfortable grips. Sure. But they cost a LOT more.

So if a person has a cordless or wired drill. They need a random orbital they can get supplies for at their local parts store, then the Meguiars is a good product. The matching compound, polish, and wax work great with the device and their corresponding pads.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That is pretty much the point I made in the review. A nice little product that isn't professional, but can get the job done for a lot less money. It FOR SURE makes applying wax a much easier and more fun process.

Do you own this unit? You didn't say you did in your response so I have to assume you don't. Then how can you say if it is good or not?

I've used it now three times since I bought it in August and it works great. I got it as I wanted something quick I could go out and take care of touch ups or small scratches on any one of my cars without dragging out my Dewalt rotary and the power cords.

Everyone probably has a cordless drill at the house. And if you buy the meguiars little orbital it works great on a cordless drill. I use the professional polishes from meguiars on my new truck. When I bought it I was just testing it out on my bumper, but it worked so good I just kept on going after I cleaned up the scuff marks on my bumper and did the whole truck. Works great. The pad is small so it doesn't cover as big a area as a 6" pad but it does just as good a job. So for $39.00 dollars a person can get a very nice random orbital to attach to a drill they have at the house.

The pads are just as good as ones you get from say cobra, edge, or 3M or others. The different pad for each system for compound, polish, or finish wax work great.

To say a person can only use this once a year is WRONG. It's as good as any other system. It's just smaller, cheaper, and built very well coming from Meguiars. Is it not as fast as a $100 or $200 an up random orbital, because of the smaller pads. But it's damn sure faster than doing it by hand. It took me about 30 minutes to do my truck to just wax it. With my Dewalt it might take me 15 minutes to 20 minutes. That''s just me doing the monthly touch up coat on the whole vehicle. So it's not that much of a time difference really.

Are there better products to cover more area, that will last a long time, have more comfortable grips. Sure. But they cost a LOT more.

So if a person has a cordless or wired drill. They need a random orbital they can get supplies for at their local parts store, then the Meguiars is a good product. The matching compound, polish, and wax work great with the device and their corresponding pads.

·
Premium Member
'07 SS3 Silverstone
3,805 Posts

One doesn't have to own something like this to have used it. I've worked in this industry for some years now, and am not assuming how something works. If I haven't used it, I won't comment.

I've demo'd this unit and have been using Weekend Warrior aimed and also Professional Machines for years now. Was not impressed knowing what other machines are available for a little bit more money. $100 can get you a Porter Cable that is electric, and has the ability to swap out backing plates to use small or larger pads. Much better results than the drill.

Personally I use the Flex3401VRG for most of my work but also have logged a LOT of hours on PC7424, Rupes, etc. I do use a Cordless Drill, for spot correction, and this does operate like a Rotary.

You also don't need a Rotary as a main machine with today's butter soft and super thin clear coats. I'd equate that to bringing a cannon to a chili cook off.
Those machines certainly have their place in detailing however. I typically use something like that fresh out of paint, right after cutting with paper. I'll say it again...this machine is more novel and geared toward the once/few times a year type usage. If you had decent results with it, that's awesome. Again, personally I don't feel this is worth even the $47.68 + shipping it's on sale for right now on Amazon.

As far as pads go...in the USA they are made in only a few spots, and you can certainly bet that some are re-branded from their original company name.

That is pretty much the point I made in the review. A nice little product that isn't professional, but can get the job done for a lot less money. It FOR SURE makes applying wax a much easier and more fun process.
That's exactly what this machine is perfect for. Expecting stellar results from correcting paint--you'll want to step up to a more powerful machine. I have an old two hand "polisher" from about 20 years ago that this reminded me of whilst using.

Thank you again for taking your time to review.

·
Jedi Knight
Saab 9-7x Aero
510 Posts
One doesn't have to own something like this to have used it. I've worked in this industry for some years now, and am not assuming how something works. If I haven't used it, I won't comment.

I've demo'd this unit and have been using Weekend Warrior aimed and also Professional Machines for years now. Was not impressed knowing what other machines are available for a little bit more money. $100 can get you a Porter Cable that is electric, and has the ability to swap out backing plates to use small or larger pads. Much better results than the drill.

Personally I use the Flex3401VRG for most of my work but also have logged a LOT of hours on PC7424, Rupes, etc. I do use a Cordless Drill, for spot correction, and this does operate like a Rotary.

You also don't need a Rotary as a main machine with today's butter soft and super thin clear coats. I'd equate that to bringing a cannon to a chili cook off.

Those machines certainly have their place in detailing however. I typically use something like that fresh out of paint, right after cutting with paper. I'll say it again...this machine is more novel and geared toward the once/few times a year type usage. If you had decent results with it, that's awesome. Again, personally I don't feel this is worth even the $47.68 + shipping it's on sale for right now on Amazon.

As far as pads go...in the USA they are made in only a few spots, and you can certainly bet that some are re-branded from their original company name.

That's exactly what this machine is perfect for. Expecting stellar results from correcting paint--you'll want to step up to a more powerful machine. I have an old two hand "polisher" from about 20 years ago that this reminded me of whilst using.

Thank you again for taking your time to review.

I hear ya. We know there are better products out there. Not everyone has more than $100.00 available to spend in a fancy DA.

Just didn't want your comment to bury the product in a early grave! lol..

I love the Port Cable. Friend has it and works great. It is around $130.00

I'll say the Meguiars drill attachment unit is for the every couple of months person like my dad or like what I got it for is quick touch ups on a panel or fix a scuff from a shopping cart as it is quick and easy to use. It's very easy to use on a whole car to.

Next product I'm getting is the Meguiars mt300 Random orbital. I liked its grip and handle for me. Slow startup feature. I tried it once at a car show and found I liked it. Plus I have perk points to use at the parts store and a coupon knocking almost 40% off.

Otherwise I'll probably pick up a Porter Cable.

Anything is better than hand application! Makes my arm and fingers cramp just thinking about it!! lol...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts