Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
738 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love SS's but just tired of always being in the shop. It runs great....when its running but has literally been in shop more than on the road in last couple years. There are just too many weak points and by the time I spend enough to fix weak points I could've had a built, dependable, faster SRT8.

·
Premium Member
'08 SRX V-6 AWD
2,767 Posts
That's spoken like a guy who can afford a SRT8.:dunno:
(I saw the guy with the procharger mounted in his Jeep with only 90 miles on it, too. What did it run? 12.03?)

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
3,449 Posts
GL bro. Hope it works out for u. I love the GCSRT8's and wish I had one. It's a Lil more expensive on certain parts to mod the jeep vs the SS. Let us know bro.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
509 Posts
well I can say that we have both, and the SS is actually better...IMO! I've driven both and raced both of ours and still prefer the SS...maybe its because im a girl..lol

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
509 Posts
actually the paint is peeling on the hood and roof...and its an 2007...no warranty either.....that is on the srt8

the ss has no warranty either...but so far other than minor things on the interior its been good

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
3,449 Posts
anything you play with is going to eventually break...

look in the mirror before complaining about a vehicle being broken...

jeeps are no better when it comes to durability.

gl
Yea ur right about things breaking when u start playing but I will say that the Jeeps don't Pop motors like we do. Some of us popped bone stock motors.
Can't say much bout their tranny's but haven't heard but 2 breaking.
Not trying to pick favorites b/c I'd never trade in my SS for a Jeep but I do like them.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
738 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That's spoken like a guy who can afford a SRT8.:dunno:
(I saw the guy with the procharger mounted in his Jeep with only 90 miles on it, too. What did it run? 12.03?)
Actually Paul, heading to N Ridgeville in a few minutes to look at a used with 30,000miles for $28,900. If I get enough on trade I'll probably be coming home with it. Thats about what I paid for my SS a few years back.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
738 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
can I have your n2o plate?
Still have the complete NOS plate kit. Been waiting on payment for a few weeks so if I dont get it soon its back up for sale. $500 shipped

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
738 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yea ur right about things breaking when u start playing but I will say that the Jeeps don't Pop motors like we do. Some of us popped bone stock motors.
Can't say much bout their tranny's but haven't heard but 2 breaking.
Not trying to pick favorites b/c I'd never trade in my SS for a Jeep but I do like them.
Yea I havent heard anything about the trans being weak nor popping motors as the LS2's. Cant imagine the mods I could of had with the money I've had to spend on repairs on the SS. I've had all the bad luck: Rod bearings, trans, front diff, front diff leak multiple times, fuel level sensor, wheel bearing.....just never ending and thats with only 54,000 miles, could'nt imagine what I'd be fixing when I get around 80-100K miles. I've owned a few GM vehicles and they have all seemed to start falling apart after 80K miles. My last was a Denali that I traded in on the SS because I was so sick of fixing it, took a huge hit on trade too

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
3,449 Posts
If u find a decent priced Jeep with low mileage, go for it. I wouldn't buy a modded one though. The Jeeps r def a beast. My buddies Jeep, he's a member on here as well and has an SS, needs a tranny in his Jeep but he's cammed, heads, and S/C'd with around 70k miles on his. His tranny finally took a shit on him. I was impressed it lasted this long.
Keep us updated bro.

·
WANNABE SS OWNER
Trailblazer SS 2wd
16,025 Posts
It sounds like you are tired of fixing the SS and with all of the problems you have faced I can't blame you. I just don't think the Jeep is going to be your Knight in shining armor:2cents: If you want a totally reliable car or truck get one that doesn't go fast as a DD and buy a GTO or something along those lines for speed. I love the Jeep SR8, I actually test drove one the day before I bought the SS. Neither the SS or SRT8 felt as solid as my MDX but I couldn't be more happy with my decision. If you pull the trigger post up some pics of the SRT8:popcorn3:

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
509 Posts
thats why he was going to trade the srt8 in for the ss but the dealer wouldnt take it...offered him 20,000 for an 2007 with 35,000 miles..lol

the things a hunk of junk...i mean come on it came with a dub air cold air intake and shitty tune on it..obviously some kid beat the crap outta that srt8...

gotta watch what you buy!!

·
High and Tight!!!
TrailblazerSS
2,959 Posts
Man I would like to have an SRT8 but I would NEVER trade in my TBSS.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,274 Posts
Man I would like to have an SRT8 but I would NEVER trade in my TBSS.
I agree!

Before making the move take a look at a srt8 forum guarantee they have similar problems you or I dont hear of because we have problems of our own..

1 - 20 of 46 Posts