Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a set of maximizer headers and off road y pipe .... these things went very smooth for install on an awd. Didn't have to remove any cross members or loosen any motor mounts . They honestly went right in. 9 something shipped to the door 975 ish cant remember exact price but damn it went smoother than i thought ... now after the y pipe is installed i will update on my thoughts of sound

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
143 Posts
Interested in your thoughts on the smell as well. I’m wanting to go with cats just to keep the smell down, but who knows if it’s not that noticeable.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I will fire it up for the first time next week waiting on my ecm to come back from pcm of nc ... i will definitely update

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
14 Posts
I almost brought these headers and started thinking I should because I brought pace setter was worried about fit me but guess I was wrong. post some pics

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
1,103 Posts
I have these as well but with cats, love the sound, really opened up the breathing but i had to pull my front drive shaft, lift pass side motor mount and notch my cross member.

Sent from my boujea ass phone

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yea i had to pull my front shaft out also but didnt have to loosen the mounts i was actually quite suprised ... sounds pretty good , although not good enough lol . So either im gonna muffeler delete or a carven muffler havent really decided yet

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
1,103 Posts
Did you pull the resonator off? I think a muffler delete would be too loud, my buddy did that and only that on his '17 Sierra and that weekend put the muffler back on, way too loud.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No only headers and catless y ... "cat back" is stock ... thanks for the feedback tho kinda helps un making my decision

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
1,103 Posts
I deleted my resonator and it has a decent tone, prob not as loud as no cats but sounds solid. I have a clip but dont know how to post it here, i can send you a email or text of the clip.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts