Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Over the weekend I installed the full set from MSS. I went with the textured black color, but you can get it in a couple other colors.

Install I had a few hiccups, and these parts fit TIGHT, lube and hammering is a must to shove them in. First issue, the panhard bar came with a pair of M16 bolts and no other hardware. A call to MSS and they indicated that there should be captive nuts for the panhard bar. My 2009 did NOT have captive nuts, possibly a year change thing, possibly a "someone touched it before" thing. The bolts that came off my vehicle also were M16, they were 5/8", so the existing hardware was incompatible. This was solved with a trip to Lowe's for some grade 8 5/8" hardware for an extra 15 bucks, and a lot of head scratching. Next hiccup was also the panhard bar. One side, the metal bushing was apparently not drilled out for an M16 bolt, it was a little too small. Unfortunately I didn't realize the hardware issue until after I had used my M16 bolt to chase it out, but it all ended up fitting. Between that and needing to use vice grips to hold it in place while tightening (possibly due to the slightly off machining size), the finish on the bushing did get a little messed up. Might reach out about a replacement piece. Control arms went on overall easily, with the normal needing to lubricate and hammer to place them.

The rear end is much tighter now. It feels great around turns, very planted. It may not have resolved the issue i was hoping it would, but I think it was a major improvement overall.

·
Premium Member
'08 Silver TBSS
4,620 Posts
Good info, thanks for sharing. I was looking into getting the MSS panhard but also wanted to hear some first hand knowledge of them. Could be just an issue with mfg quality control. But still having to run out and find/buy hardware for a part that should already come with it is a headache.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good info, thanks for sharing. I was looking into getting the MSS panhard but also wanted to hear some first hand knowledge of them. Could be just an issue with mfg quality control. But still having to run out and find/buy hardware for a part that should already come with it is a headache.
It also could definitely be a my car issue. The driver side bolt was on this weird ha ger thing that didn't look factory, but also wasn't as rusty as I'd expect something that was hobbled together would be.

It's a great improvement in rear end stability I will say. The whole rear end just feels solid now. I can't heap e ough praise for the improvement it's made, definitely worth the little hassles.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts