Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all. not sure where i should post this but...
got my tbss back in 2012 and since then its been driven into the ground. i was in way over my head and my truck has definitely paid the price. its an 08 with a lot of miles, k&n CAI and a corsa cat back. had some transmission issues last year shortly after installing my exhaust and since then it has been sitting in my driveway untouched. doesn't even start anymore. the battery is definitely dead. really trying to clean up my TB and get it back in working order.
my question is: is there anyone in the maryland area, specifically baltimore that would be willing to help/show me the ropes? ive pretty much forgotten everything ive learned. I was told i need a new transmission by the dealership i brought it to at first. Im willing to do whatever needs to be done. even if there isnt anyone in the area on here, could someone at least point me in the right direction? need to get back behind the wheel before winter.

·
Registered
2008 TrailblazerSS
1,038 Posts
Hey all. not sure where i should post this but...
got my tbss back in 2012 and since then its been driven into the ground. i was in way over my head and my truck has definitely paid the price. its an 08 with a lot of miles, k&n CAI and a corsa cat back. had some transmission issues last year shortly after installing my exhaust and since then it has been sitting in my driveway untouched. doesn't even start anymore. the battery is definitely dead. really trying to clean up my TB and get it back in working order.
my question is: is there anyone in the maryland area, specifically baltimore that would be willing to help/show me the ropes? ive pretty much forgotten everything ive learned. I was told i need a new transmission by the dealership i brought it to at first. Im willing to do whatever needs to be done. even if there isnt anyone in the area on here, could someone at least point me in the right direction? need to get back behind the wheel before winter.
I’m not sure how adding an exhaust could affect your transmission. I do know that the K&N cai Kit can cause problems with the filter oil sucking through and getting on your MAF sensor, which could than cause faulty readings and making your trans act funny. Throw a jump pack on your truck and get it started. Than try cleaning your MAF sensor. Cheapest way to see if that is the problem.

2008 TBSS Super Charged

Reactions: stonewallD

·
Premium Member
07 TrailblazerSS
1,563 Posts
I'd just attack one thing at time...new battery, check fluids, drive it, see if it sets any codes and go from there. What was the transmission doing?

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'd just attack one thing at time...new battery, check fluids, drive it, see if it sets any codes and go from there. What was the transmission doing?
well it would sound like its working really hard but i couldn't really get much acceleration i would hit like 2nd or third gear and the rpms would almost redline.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts