Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
97 ws6
838 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

...conversation overheard on the VHF Guard (emergency) frequency 121.5 MHz while flying from Europe to Dubai

Iranian Air Defense Site: 'Unknown aircraft you are in Iranian airspace. Identify yourself.'

Aircraft: 'This is a United States aircraft. I am in Iraqi airspace.'

Air Defense Site: 'You are in Iranian airspace. If you do not depart our airspace we will launch interceptor aircraft!'

Aircraft: 'This is a United States Marine Corps FA-18 fighter. Send 'em up, I'll wait!'

Air Defense Site: ( .... total silence)

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
713 Posts
Conversations like this warm my heart

·
Premium Member
TBSS 3SS
1,991 Posts
I'm rolling on the ground laughing. Thanks for the laughs. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,350 Posts
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

...conversation overheard on the VHF Guard (emergency) frequency 121.5 MHz while flying from Europe to Dubai

Iranian Air Defense Site: 'Unknown aircraft you are in Iranian airspace. Identify yourself.'

Aircraft: 'This is a United States aircraft. I am in Iraqi airspace.'

Air Defense Site: 'You are in Iranian airspace. If you do not depart our airspace we will launch interceptor aircraft!'

Aircraft: 'This is a United States Marine Corps FA-18 fighter. Send 'em up, I'll wait!'

Air Defense Site: ( .... total silence)
Do they still have the F-14's we sold them with no spare parts to keep them flying? That was sweet.

·
Premium Member
TrailBlazer SS AWD
4,062 Posts
NICE!!!

Do they still have the F-14's we sold them with no spare parts to keep them flying? That was sweet.
No Spare Parts PLUS Our Guys Pulled Key Modules Upon Leaving. They'll Nnever Fly Again.

It's Like A Dealership Lot Full Of ZR1's, With No ECM/TCM's. Going Nowhere Fast.

·
Premium Member
2006 TBSS (LT Based)
5,973 Posts
Although that's not one in the picture, that Marine was probably flying a Super Hornet, and they are A TRUE CAN OF WHOOP ASS!!

See the difference in size. The Super Hornet is the closest.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
3,002 Posts
Tony,

A 40oz CAN OF WHOOP ASS. EA-18. We call it a G-model. Same basic configuration as a F-model with enhanced jamming capability. She is a beautiful piece of equipment.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,350 Posts
Although that's not one in the picture, that Marine was probably flying a Super Hornet, and they are A TRUE CAN OF WHOOP ASS!!

[/QUOTThe dogtooth wings too.

·
WANNABE SS OWNER
Trailblazer SS 2wd
16,025 Posts
:rofl::jackoff:

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,350 Posts

oh yeah, and hats off to China for their entirely original stealth aircraft that looks nothing like the F-22 Raptor. They could have at least copied the F-23 that lost out to the 22 back in the early/mid 90's.

·
Premium Member
2007 Black TBSS
2,687 Posts
Why would they want to copy the loser.

I'd take a 16 or 15 before an 18

·
Premium Member
08 Black Granite
4,004 Posts
Oorah!

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,350 Posts
Why would they want to copy the loser.

I'd take a 16 or 15 before an 18
The F-23 was actually more advanced and would have cost more per copy. I think it looked a lot cooler too.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,350 Posts
The pics I have aren't loading.

·
Premium Member
2007 Black TBSS
2,687 Posts
The F-23 was actually more advanced and would have cost more per copy. I think it looked a lot cooler too.
I meant I would take the F15 F16 over the F18. I have seen the F22 fly at an airshow and that bitch is BAAAAAD!

·
Premium Member
2006 TBSS (LT Based)
5,973 Posts
I meant I would take the F15 F16 over the F18. I have seen the F22 fly at an airshow and that bitch is BAAAAAD!
I think the 15 is cool, and the 16 was actually the most maneuverable aircraft we had until the Raptor came along. I live very close to Langley AFB (first base to get outfitted with Raptors), and I worked on that base for two years, so I see Raptors flying almost everyday, and yes they are BAD ASS. They can do some wicked shit.

However, do not mistake the first version of the Hornet, as being the same bird as the Super Hornet because it's not. It's a COMPLETELY different beast.

The bottom line is, there are very few aircraft out the ANYWHERE that can or even want to tangle with ANY OF THEM!!:2cents:

·
Registered
07TrailblazerSS 2WD
438 Posts
Imma go with 907 on this and give it a Big OOOHRAHH gotta love our smart ass's lol pilots are some of the only officers i dont mind to see walking down the walk.. Semper Kill!!

·
Premium Member
Bet you cant tell
6,480 Posts
lmfao - thats priceless

being i live up the street from lockheed martin- the f22 is all over skies down here being tested. that thing is a beast in size

1 - 20 of 26 Posts