Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my 06 Silver TB 3SS AWD in late 2018, it had 91K miles on it. The only modifications are a K&N Cold Air Intake and a mild tune using a Predator Diablo Sport tuner. I paid 14K for the SS and it was in almost perfect condition.
Here is a list of everything I have replaced since I owned it. Items that failed are noted. Everything else was replaced for just maintenance reasons. Prices are estimates.
PARTS OR SERVICE DONE BY PRICE
Battery 9/19 (failed) me $170
Mass Air Flow Sensor me $45
Water Pump me $130
Thermostat me $20
Radiator Hose (upper) me $25
Radiator Hose (lower) me $25
Fan Clutch me $175
Serpentine Belt (main) me $30
Serpentine Belt (a/c) me $20
Belt Tensioner (main) me $40
Belt Tensioner (a/c) me $40
Belt Idler Pulley (main) me $25
Radiator & Cap (failed) me (failed after hose replace) $600
Coolant Recovery Tank me $50
Cooling System Flush me $100
A/C Compressor (failed) me $400
A/C Hoses (w/compressor) me $200
A/C Accumulator me $100
A/C Orifice Tube me $15
TPMS Valve Stems (failed) Tires Plus $300
Driver Lower Seat Panel me $40
Windshield GP Auto Glass $165
Under Hood Fuse Box (failed) me $175
RR Air Bags w/Springs (failed) me $150
Ignition Switch (failed) me $35
Total Price of Repairs from 91k to 135k Miles $3075

Not Included In Above
Oil & Filter changed every 3000 miles with Mobil 1 5w-30 $40 (me)
K&N Air Filter serviced at every oil change $5 (me)
Wheel Alignment every 15,000 miles $100 (tire shop)
Rotate & Balance every 7500 miles $80 (tire shop)
Trans Flush & filter every 60,000 miles $300 (trans shop)
Firestone Destination LE3 275/45R/20 Tires (tire shop)

·
Registered
06'TrailblazerSS, 07'Z06,71'Stingray
394 Posts
Seems like you take good car of your vehicle. :) I run my possessions hard and fast. I always replace if there is any question about it. I don't want to be hammering along and have something let go. :devilish:

·
Registered
07 AWD 3SS
337 Posts
no hubs or suspension stuff? nice. ya what the guy above me said, kudos for takin care of your rig obv always better to be proactive on these things (full size powertrain stuffed into a mid size chassis)
I will say that when I was DD'ing the SS, the only 'unplanned' maint item was a blend door actuator and hubs, iirc. outside of that very reliable for me from what I remember

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My SS has never been raced or even driven hard. I bought from the original owner. The other car in his garage was a brand new Corvette. He was 76 years old. He told me he likes GM performance vehicles. I got lucky.

·
Registered
07 AWD 3SS
337 Posts
you got lucky on that previous owner!! NICE

uhhh rear hatch... uh minus the removal of the "TrailBlazer' OEM badge and replacing it with what does that say,, umm 6.0 LS2 I'm not seeing anything crazy. Minus the 07 and up rear wiper assy, which definitely looks better than the 06, nice swap

·
Registered
07 AWD 3SS
337 Posts
im likin that silver more and more every day tbh. little classier I think than black. looks good all clean n stuff

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
1,212 Posts
Only thing I see on the rear hatch looks like the weather stripping is coming out around the plate insert. Other than that super clean truck.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Reactions: MikeDeez

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
64 Posts
Wow...I am super fortunate. Haven't had to spend really on anything for that truck as far as REPAIRS go! I just recently needed a new Throttle Body Position Sensor, for which, I went ahead and purchased a new TB $240. I replaced the rear taillight circuit boards that were melting...$27 on Amazon. And the damn driver side fog light bulb that blows out so often you would think that's what it suppose to do.

Truck looks awesome 👌

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The first owner took off the Trailblazer emblem and added the 6.0 LS2 emblem. Yes I forgot, the rear wiper arm was replaced.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts