Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2007 RWD TVS 1900, E85, TL headers,
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed a magnuson 1900 and used the RTD flasher that came in the kit. Since then I have started to use hptuners and was looking at changing to a 2 bar OS for my E67. I haven’t installed the new OS yet but while looking it over I noticed a few things are different. The slope and offset are setup for a 2bar map which is fine because I have a 2 bar map that I would like to install.
1. Would it be safe to assume that the 200/10 slope and offset is the correct values that will let me just plug in the 2 bar map?.
The other question I can’t find an answer to is, the “airflow vs freq. high” table now is filled out. Before the upgrade, that table was empty.
2. is it ok to run my otherwise stock magnuson tune with that table filled out? Or is that going to throw something off?

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
332 Posts
Are you in CA by any chance? Im sorry Ido not have answers to your questions but am very interested in finding out how much different the 1900 performs vs stock system. Please do keep us informed.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I’m in south Florida. Now I have another question I hope someone can answer. Also related to tuning. Yesterday I installed an E85 sensor. Everything is installed correctly and the pin is in the right spot but I’m getting a 0 reading for ethanol content. Here in Florida we use 10% ethanol so I expected to get some reading. I turned on all the settings in hptuners. However I have not entered any of the new tables. I have read that the LS1 pcm will not read until all the tables have been installed. Has anyone else Had this problem or did I hook something up wrong?

·
Registered
07 AWD 3SS
337 Posts
HPT Forum fellas are pretty good about helpin out, without seeing it I can't be sure.
I also have never seen a TBSS TVS1900 Maggie tune from magnuson- that being said, from what I've read and heard they fudge numbers in a way that is somewhat non-standard for DIY/ 'professional' tuning, so keep that in mind.

Can't help you on the E85 thing, but I bet its probably something simple, E67with the stock OS has those tables as you know, buuut you may be able to verify with an Envoy tune file or some car that used the E67 with flex fuel from the HPT file repository you have access to.

As far as the MAP offset, that is correct for the 2 bar sensor.

MAF values are usually populated in all tunes, you just set the fail freq low and turn off the codes/CEL to run VVE SD. Weird that there are NO values in the MAFLow/hi tables? never seen that before but I'm not exactly as hi speed as some of those guys on the HPT forum as well as here.

LS1 PCM? like the OG 0411?

I did use the HPT custom OS a couple years ago, I think I rescaled the MAP for a 1 bar s
ince I had that, I wanted the custom OS for fan control temp stuff (lower than 192 or whatever). Its been a while tbh
This is a screenshot from my tune file for the maggie w/ 2 bar sensor

Rectangle Font Parallel Electric blue Pattern

Attachments

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
332 Posts
I swear, I consider myself pretty damn mechanically-inclined,
but at this moment you two might as well be talking PORTUGUESE right about now, LOL!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Magnuson fudging numbers in their tunes is what makes me concerned to make too many changes. My main reason to switch the OS is for the fan controls. With that said I do have the factory ecm so if I do brick it I have a backup.
I’m not exactly sure what LS1 pcm they were referring to. I didn’t pay that much attention. This is the first car I’ve tried to tune with a computer so this is all new to me.
I figured I would try over here before hptuners because I haven’t found a ton of stuff on their forum about tuning my particular setup. Maybe I should post up a build thread. I already did most of the work but took plenty of pics and it will help someone else in the future.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I swear, I consider myself pretty damn mechanically-inclined,
but at this moment you two might as well be talking PORTUGUESE right about now, LOL!
I’ve spent the last 3 weeks reading everything I can get my hands on and watching a ton of videos and I still feel like an English as a second language student. With all that self education I can now understand most of the abbreviations.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Back when I was considering installing a Magnuson 1900, I too had a ton of questions. To be honest they had a lady in charge if customer service that was extremely helpful with answering my questions. Admittedly, my queries centered more on the legality of their product on California vehicles. The 1900 model is in fact CARB complient whereas the 2300 version.(far more boost options) is not. :(

While I really do not know, I have a feeling that the tune issues you guys are referring to somehow correlate to sensitive settings necessisary to maintain the CARB regulatory settings mentioned above.

On a different note, she did refer me to one of their larger distributors of Magnuson Products, who then again was very helpful in answering questions.
I believe it was Superchargers.com if I'm not mistaken. They may in fact be a good source in questions about tune settings and such.
Good luck!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Back when I was considering installing a Magnuson 1900, I too had a ton of questions. To be honest they had a lady in charge if customer service that was extremely helpful with answering my questions. Admittedly, my queries centered more on the legality of their product on California vehicles. The 1900 model is in fact CARB complient whereas the 2300 version.(far more boost options) is not. :(

While I really do not know, I have a feeling that the tune issues you guys are referring to somehow correlate to sensitive settings necessisary to maintain the CARB regulatory settings mentioned above.

On a different note, she did refer me to one of their larger distributors of Magnuson Products, who then again was very helpful in answering questions.
I believe it was Superchargers.com if I'm not mistaken. They may in fact be a good source in questions about tune settings and such.
Good luck!
I spoke to someone from magunson about the tune. They were very polite but very clear that you can’t touch their tune. With that said, I live in Florida. I could put a 2 stroke in my car if I wanted.

·
Registered
07 AWD 3SS
337 Posts
Lol ya i called them about the tvs2300 handheld tuner rtd thing because it wasnt in one of the two boxes. They said they dont make a tune for the 2300 you’re on your own. Ok whatever thank you sir

1 - 11 of 11 Posts