Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been to MagnaFlows website and noticed that they claim a 12 HP gain with their Cat Back in Corvettes and the Silverrado SS.

Has anyone noticed these gains in the TBSS on the Dyno?

I am looking to get one and the price I can get it at is $460

Any Suggestion.....Comments??

·
Registered
308 Posts
$460, that is good. I haven't seen them for less than $518. As for the power....I don't know. Its one of those things that company's claim, but if you have done anything else, you won't see the gain that you would if this was your only upgrade. I just put a Magnaflow on my friends GTO last Friday. Sounds great, looks great. The GTO system comes with an x-pipe and duals out with a muffler per side. The TBSS system has two muffler assemblies which concerns me. I don't know why it has 2. Anyone know why they felt the need to do that?

·
Premium Member
2006 TBSS 3SS
17,596 Posts
I have been to MagnaFlows website and noticed that they claim a 12 HP gain with their Cat Back in Corvettes and the Silverrado SS.

Has anyone noticed these gains in the TBSS on the Dyno?

I am looking to get one and the price I can get it at is $460

Any Suggestion.....Comments??
To my knowledge there are no dyno results on a TBSS showing impoved HP with a catback. We have all decided you buy a catback to get the sound you want.

If there is, wish someone would post them.

Rich

·
Premium Member
07 Silver TBSS
1,372 Posts
I definately got a boost with mine... I paid 320 for the res. delete, tubing and the muffler

·
Registered
308 Posts
I definately got a boost with mine... I paid 320 for the res. delete, tubing and the muffler
So you cut out the resonator, got new exhaust pipe and an aftermarket muffler, had it welded in and felt a gain? What about sound? Got any pics?

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What about response? Has anyone notice any quicker response? Should I go with a complete exhaust or just the muffler for sound?

·
Registered
BLK 06 TBSS
531 Posts
i think the complete catback systems are nicer than a weld in job. Ive got the magnaflow with res and very happy. Not too loud, but give nice sound when u get on it.
For response I would think you would feel that with a CAI or even better a throttle body.

·
Premium Member
07 Silver TBSS
1,372 Posts
So you cut out the resonator, got new exhaust pipe and an aftermarket muffler, had it welded in and felt a gain? What about sound? Got any pics?
Yes, I went with the bigger magnaflow muffler though so I can avoid the popping sound when slowing down. It sounds bitchin, and I will try and get some pics and a video up soon....

What about response? Has anyone notice any quicker response? Should I go with a complete exhaust or just the muffler for sound?
You will definately be able to feel a response. The stock mufflers have the most retarted chambers in them.....

Just my :2cents:

·
Administrator
Trailblazer SS
30,401 Posts
i have a magnaflow muffler with resonator delete for 100 bucks. Tip is welded on and its a 5x8x24. SOunded good.

·
Registered
06 TBSS 2WD
346 Posts
You will definately be able to feel a response. The stock mufflers have the most retarted chambers in them.....

Just my :2cents:
The stock muffler is straight through, and the popping you hear is caused by the DFCO(Deceleration Fuel Cut Off) tables in the pcm. Another muffler may disguise the popping better, but it is still happening.

·
Premium Member
07 Silver TBSS
1,372 Posts
The drone is not bad with the magnaflow at all

·
Premium Member
1,461 Posts
i have a magnaflow muffler with resonator delete for 100 bucks. Tip is welded on and its a 5x8x24. SOunded good.
got dibbs on the flow mayn. i'll pick it up from you next time i go to your house to get the suspension checked out...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts