Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Administrator
Trailblazer SS
30,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well im going to do final measurements tomm and order these 2 coolers and see which works out better behind the brake duct.

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=BMM-70273&N=700+115&autoview=sku
http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=BMM-70266&N=700+115&autoview=sku

i talked to 87octane he has these fittings where you can just cut the stock tubing thread these on and it locks it in and has a barb fitting on it. So then will just need the 1/2 npt to barb fitting for the cooler which i think it comes with.

·
Premium Member
2007 TBSS
4,834 Posts
If you guys want I can make you guys some hard lines with -6 fittings along with AN SS braided lines. Its more expensive than what you got but its definately something that looks awesome. Just let me know.

·
Premium Member
8,576 Posts
If you guys want I can make you guys some hard lines with -6 fittings along with AN SS braided lines. Its more expensive than what you got but its definately something that looks awesome. Just let me know.

Why dont we get something like this together. I am sure you could do an initial group purchase with all the supercharged TBSS's out there. Would you be able to use the same position for the STS TBSS's?

·
Premium Member
2007 TBSS
4,834 Posts
Actually the STS uses the same as everything else. Only the magnacharged trucks require something different. Give me some lenghts and I'll get you up a price. I'll try to be as cheap as possible. I can also do it in a light weight nylon braided thats black. I can also build ports into it for tranny temp gauges.

·
Premium Member
8,576 Posts
Actually the STS uses the same as everything else. Only the magnacharged trucks require something different. Give me some lenghts and I'll get you up a price. I'll try to be as cheap as possible. I can also do it in a light weight nylon braided thats black. I can also build ports into it for tranny temp gauges.
I will get some measurements this weekend. All measurements will be from the Trans Line/Radiator Outlet on the drives side. Have both ends of the quick disconnects (male and female) so it is a plug and play in line after the radiator would be perfect. I like the Black Nylon Braided Hose better so long as it has the nice ends on it like the stainless ones that you do already.

·
Premium Member
2007 TBSS
4,834 Posts
Yeah, The standard stuff is that blue and red AN fittings. I can get black or a stainless looking fitting but the cost is a little higher. Also I got a source on 1/2 NPT to the AN size you would need.

·
Premium Member
8,576 Posts
Yeah, The standard stuff is that blue and red AN fittings. I can get black or a stainless looking fitting but the cost is a little higher. Also I got a source on 1/2 NPT to the AN size you would need.
Excellant. I can put the first set of lines together here. You know that you can strip and polish the blue and red ends, I do it all the time for the street rods.

I just measured for the cooler and an 8X11 is the biggest I could fit in there and still have room for fittings, lines, brackets and a small fan.

·
Administrator
Trailblazer SS
30,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yah but mounting would be to the side ie inlet/outlet would be facing the radiator not the ground

·
Premium Member
8,576 Posts
yah but mounting would be to the side ie inlet/outlet would be facing the radiator not the ground
The top one would use a 90 degree fitting to come down along the cooler and turn under the frame. The bottom one would come straight out and go right under the frame to the radiator fittings.

·
Administrator
Trailblazer SS
30,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well ordered the black one from summit so we shall see what happens

·
Premium Member
8,576 Posts
Mine will be here from Summit on Thursday. I will mount it and take all the measurements for the lines on Thursday and Friday. I will give Alvin a call for the lines that we will need and to see if he can put something together as a package for the members.

·
Administrator
Trailblazer SS
30,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
got mine today im gonna get some 1/4 inch thick flat bar stainless from work see what i can come up with.

·
Premium Member
8,576 Posts
Here are some pictures of it mounted in the fender well behind the Brake Cooling Duct. I have an electric pusher fan mounted on the cooler that will be wired for key on run. I cut out a small section of the plastic inner fender well to give it more airflow.

Now it is time to measure out for all fittings and lines.

·
Administrator
Trailblazer SS
30,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
if you look under the how to section there is the other member got the big ass tranny cooler in there with a 10 inch fan

·
Premium Member
8,576 Posts
Alvin from PCM for Less will be bending me up some lines. It would be great if he comes up with a kit like this for all the MagnaCharged TBSS's. You could also use this kit in a Non-MagnaCharged TBSS too. This would be a great option for the members. With the fan and a temp switch it would be perfect even for the members in the cold climates too.

·
Premium Member
8,576 Posts
I just finished the wire harness for the small Transmission Cooler Fan. For it to work as a pusher you have to hook it up with Black-Pos and Red-Neg. The fan will live longer being a pusher so it doesn't have the heat of the cooler to absorb.

1 - 20 of 86 Posts