Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have been setting on these parts for a Dual Heat Exchanger Mod and figured I would spend a little time fabricating. With all the talk about a larger Reservoir I figure this was a good time to introduce this and further enhance the Air to Liquid Intercooler System!

I first trimmed the Lexan Grill Support then used brackets to mount the Secondary Heat Exchanger in front of the existing TBSS Heat Exchanger. The Heat Exchangers will be hooked up in series. The fluid will be drawn from the bottom fitting on the Reservoir then go through the existing Heat Exchanger and then through the Secondary Heat Exchanger before being pumped into the Intercooler Core in the Intake.

I will have this as a complete kit within 2 weeks. I will need to do a build of materials and cost evaluation. I am trying to keep the cost down.

Here is a picture of the Lexan Grill Support Trimmed for the installation:

Here is a picture of the Secondary Heat Exchanger mounted:

Here is a picture of the Grill Installed over the completed Secondary Heat Exchanger Modification:

·
Premium Member
'07 2wd
4,017 Posts
I likey!!!! I want!!!

Looks great. I had thought about this or even using a radiator, I did not know there was enough room under there.

·
Premium Member
2wd Turbo
11,126 Posts
WOW! Now your talking Joe!

I know a larger tank will see some drop till everything gets up to temp, but this.... THIS IS THE TICKET! How much, and when can I pay???

Ross

·
Administrator
Trailblazer SS
30,399 Posts
joe wont 2nd one get a lot warmer because not as much air will flow thru it???? also did you have to cut the grill at all?

·
Premium Member
8,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
joe wont 2nd one get a lot warmer because not as much air will flow thru it???? also did you have to cut the grill at all?
The grill doesnt need any cutting at all.

The fluid will flow through the one closest to the radiator first. There is almost 2" of clearance between them once mounted. I have done this before and it works great. The airflow through them will be unchanged and the fluid will pass through the one to the outside last before going to the intercooler. I just got back from running around for the special 90 degree hoses needed for the installation. I will finish the install this evening.

·
Registered
08 TRAILBALZER SS
772 Posts
Put me down for a kit. PM me payment info!

·
Premium Member
'06 AWD
2,008 Posts
easy come...easy go. :rofl:

·
Premium Member
8,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
easy come...easy go. :rofl:
That is hillarious, where do you get some of these smilies?

I have a Tech Session up in Redlands today for the SSR community and will be gone doing that all day. I think they have around 12 tunes for me lined up. Then I will have a Surprise Birthday Party for my son that turns 11 on the 1st of April.

I will have everything finished and do some testing on Sunday. I ran some scans yesterday while doing about 30 minutes of around town driving to compare against.

·
Yes... I know I'm short
'07 TBSS 2WD
7,015 Posts
Dear god.... that looks sick... imagine the look that people will have when you roll up...LOL

·
Premium Member
'06 AWD
2,008 Posts
That is hillarious, where do you get some of these smilies?
I go to Photobucket.com. Just typed in "money smiley" in the search bar and there were quite a few to choose from.

Reactions: bonjosco3SS

·
Registered
341 Posts
I Want I Want!

·
Administrator
Trailblazer SS
30,399 Posts
joe whats the L W D on this?

·
Premium Member
8,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Will this come with a new pump?
I will check the system flow when finished, I still need to find the Corbin Clamps as I really hate Screw Clamps. I have searched everywhere and nobody keeps the Corbin Clamps in stock because they are reusable. Most systems don't need an extra pump as the stock MagnaCharger Bosch pump does very well. I have an extra pump here and could easily add another pump if needed.

·
Premium Member
07 AWD TBSS
4,581 Posts
Very Very nice Joe ! Do you by chance know what the exact size is of the maggies heat exchanger ? Is the same exact heat exchanger used for the
MP112,112HH,122 Supercharger ? Do you by chance know how much room we have between the face of the heat exchanger and the grill ?

Thanks for the info Joe !

By the way ...you may check with a local small engine repair shop. I know they use alot of corbin clamps .

·
Premium Member
8,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Very Very nice Joe ! Do you by chance know what the exact size is of the maggies heat exchanger ? Is the same exact heat exchanger used for the
MP112,112HH,122 Supercharger ? Do you by chance know how much room we have between the face of the heat exchanger and the grill ?

Thanks for the info Joe !

By the way ...you may check with a local small engine repair shop. I know they use alot of corbin clamps .
Once you trim the lexan grill support then there is a lot of room in there. The stock MagnaCharger Heat Exchanger for the TBSS is a Full Coverage Dual Pass Heat Exchanger that is considered to be one of the best out there.

This Secondary Heat Exchanger is also a Dual Pass unit. It is about the biggest we can physically fit anywhere on the front of the vehicle. I looked at mounting it in several different locations and this was the only spot it would fit. I hope to have it as a complete kit and ready for sale within 2 weeks for everyone. It will include brackets, hardware, hoses and connectors so it goes right in nice and easy. I will start an installation thread that maybe we can get put as a sticky.

I found a supplier for the Corbin Clamps and will submit the order tomorrow morning. I will search around for a small engine repair shop tomorrow morning so I can finish the install on mine and test it out.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts