Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
07 TrailblazerSS
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
David brought us his beautiful '06 TBSS and let us add some goodies to it this week. We ordered a nice 1900 Maggie from Leftcoast 32, a level 6 tranny from RPM, a stall from Yank, our 4" Fenderwell kit, and a transmission cooler as well. And of course, don't forget the dyno tune.

When we first strapped it down it made around 329hp. I'll let Alvin update with the supercharged dyno results, he's out there right now working on it.

Our 4" intake looks right at home on the blower.

·
Premium Member
2007 TBSS
4,834 Posts
Typo 327 rwhp baseline! We need to merge my two thread! I got excited and spilled the beans.

·
WANNABE SS OWNER
Trailblazer SS 2wd
16,025 Posts
329? Isn't that a little low for a 2wd? I can't wait to see the #'s when Alvin is finished with it:popcorn3:

·
Premium Member
2007 TBSS
4,834 Posts
No, thats about right for my dyno.. The 08-09's will do about 10-15 more but a 06-07 stock on my dyno (loading dynojet) will only make about 295-305 completely stock most of the time.

·
WANNABE SS OWNER
Trailblazer SS 2wd
16,025 Posts
I must have some more mods than I thought. I have efans and a K&N CAI on my 06 2wd and I made 359 RWHP on a Mustang dyno a year ago. Alvin, I will be calling you within a year to talk to you about your heads and cam package. It's almost time to get nasty:muahaha:

·
Premium Member
2007 TBSS
4,834 Posts
To be honest, and I'm sure a bunch of others will chime in and say the same... It sounds like you may have been on a pretty optimistic dyno. Not to talk down about you or your truck, just being honest. Not all dynos are created equal.. thats why a before and after as close to as when you doing your mods as possible is important.

·
Premium Member
2008 Imperial Blue
4,473 Posts
Alvin, why do the 06-07's make less power? Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
2007 TBSS
4,834 Posts
I believe its in the Y pipe as that's the only difference I can see.. I've had a couple bone stock 08's make in the 320's.

·
Premium Member
2008 Imperial Blue
4,473 Posts
Thanks Alvin.

·
Premium Member
2007 TBSS
4,834 Posts
It made a little over 490 rwhp with just a efan kit, our intake, and 1900 with the stock pulley. It trapped 92 mph in the 1/8th slipping and sliding down the track! Its got a good high 11's in it as the truck sits.. Hes thinking about headers and a cam next.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
88 Posts
Wow...that is a stout pull....good work:coolthumb: I must have a really low dyno. I have above mods with cam and headers 60lbs injectors and I only put down 508. Was the torque converter locked during the pull? Might have to get that 4 inch intake afterall.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts