Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
2007 AWD Red Jewel
1,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well folks sorry to be post whoring, but I figured a completed maggie install was worthy of a new thread. I have to tell you, we wouldn't have been able to do it without Joe from Leftcoast32.

The hardest parts were

The wiring - by far the most time consuming part of the project. To do it right and re route the looms andtape them individually is about 5 hours worth of work on its own. As you can see from the pictures you basically split the main loom and re-wire everything.

The cooling system - Getting the air bubbles out of the radiator and getting it to suck down to full was a task. It took at least a few hours of letting the car heat up and pumping the air bubbles out of the hoses.

Custom arrangement - A lot of extra work has to be done to re-route the ac lines and intercooler fill tank. Probably 3 hours worth of work the first time. If I had it to do again I could do it in half that.

Other than those three major time sucks and a couple tough to get to bolts on the intake, a couple tough sensors to get clipped on the manifold......the install was as advertised. I typical person with some specialty tools and a lof of patience can do this install. I have some ASE buddies that made various trips to the shop, some were a help, some were a little off on their install "theory"

I had the kids underfoot while I finished the install so I haven't go to test drive yet, but I am looking forward to it. Everything looks good on the scanner I have about an hour of logs so far.

I am going to add all the pictures to my gallery in a bit. Here is the link.

http://briansportal.com/Gallery/maggietbss

·
Administrator
Trailblazer SS
30,401 Posts
Well folks sorry to be post whoring, but I figured a completed maggie install was worthy of a new thread. I have to tell you, we wouldn't have been able to do it without Joe from Leftcoast32.

The hardest parts were

The wiring - by far the most time consuming part of the project. To do it right and re route the looms andtape them individually is about 5 hours worth of work on its own. As you can see from the pictures you basically split the main loom and re-wire everything.

The cooling system - Getting the air bubbles out of the radiator and getting it to suck down to full was a task. It took at least a few hours of letting the car heat up and pumping the air bubbles out of the hoses.

Custom arrangement - A lot of extra work has to be done to re-route the ac lines and intercooler fill tank. Probably 3 hours worth of work the first time. If I had it to do again I could do it in half that.

Other than those three major time sucks and a couple tough to get to bolts on the intake, a couple tough sensors to get clipped on the manifold......the install was as advertised. I typical person with some specialty tools and a lof of patience can do this install. I have some ASE buddies that made various trips to the shop, some were a help, some were a little off on their install "theory"

I had the kids underfoot while I finished the install so I haven't go to test drive yet, but I am looking forward to it. Everything looks good on the scanner I have about an hour of logs so far.

I am going to add all the pictures to my gallery in a bit. Here is the link.

http://www.briansportal.com/Gallery

congrats now time for headers and all that lol. I think a 2800-3000 would be perfect stall for you because you are awd.

·
Registered
620 Posts
CongratSS! MagnuSSon SSuperChargeSS are the SShit. I agree with NorCal,
time for some atleast, some headers and a converter.

·
Premium Member
2007 AWD Red Jewel
1,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Efan kit went on with minimal work. Call me when you have some time and I will give you some specific feedback. The tune was perfect and the efans came right on as commanded. They came completely unassembled from parts4chevys which was a bit of a PITA in the middle od a maggie install.

I will say this though, the efan harness is the best out there hands down. No cutting or splicing. power....ground....signal

·
Premium Member
2007 TBSS
4,834 Posts
For magnacharged vehicles you'll have to wait . I haven't even gotten the brackets from Joe et.

·
Premium Member
2,643 Posts
Brian, I sent you some pics via email for a possible intake setup for the Maggie. Let me know what you think. Maggie install looks great BTW.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Nice job Brian...
I tip my hat to all who have grabbed the "tools" and just went for it...:notworthy::notworthy:
There is no doubt that is a huge undertaking...:king1:

·
Premium Member
2006 TBSS
2,304 Posts
Awesome Brian.. Can't wait to se that sucker in person.. again. LOL!

·
Premium Member
07 awd black
1,040 Posts
man you guys get me mad:(
i love the sweet wine of that sc. i have about 8g's put away and i am almost thinking about getting the sc on the tbss. but my wife keeps on reminding me that i am saving the money for the new camaro. i am going to get the convertable when it comes out. i will ( will) put a super charge on that baby when i get it....

nice pics on the install.

·
Premium Member
2007 AWD Red Jewel
1,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
it did, I took that bolt out and removed the bracket and zipped the lines to the main harness.

·
Registered
341 Posts
looks great!!

·
Premium Member
2007 AWD Red Jewel
1,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I get the coil covers back today. I took em to a body shop at teh end of last week to have them prepped and squirted with paint and clear. I had them painted with the same color as the body.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts