Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Premium Member
2wd Turbo
11,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello All

Well here are my 2 days at the dyno! The first time out bone stock we saw 308 awhp. Now with the Maggie and the worng size pully they sent me a 3.0 and not a 2.9. Then with the great air we have in Denver :rofl: We need to drop to the 2.7 pully to get the same boost at sea level.
So this Dyno is with the stock Maggie tune and 4.5 PSI of boost! 394 AWHP was the best pull. :(
2.7 Pully HPT and Efan all ready to be installed now!

OK NOW ARE YOU READY FOR THIS!:( UNCORRECTED HERE IN DENVER!:rofl:

This alway makes me want to cry! :rofl: One thing the guy at the dyno said was, The tune looked GREAT! It could be tweeked big time but it was a very good safe tune! No timing was being pulled at all!

Thanks Ross

·
The Worlds my Playground
4,823 Posts
Mile high, gotta love it.... :biggrin2:

Hurry up and put those fans on, could be another 15-20 at the wheels!

·
Premium Member
2wd Turbo
11,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
On a big power trailblazer you'll likely pick up a solid 20rwhp with a efan.
Sweet! I hope so! That and the new pully! I really hop to be up around 430 to 450 awhp. fingers crossed!:biggrin2:

Ross

·
Premium Member
8,576 Posts
Getting the boost back is where the power is going to be. If you are at 4.5 with a 3.0 pulley then I would try a 2.8 pulley first and see what you boost readings are then.

·
Premium Member
2wd Turbo
11,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Getting the boost back is where the power is going to be. If you are at 4.5 with a 3.0 pulley then I would try a 2.8 pulley first and see what you boost readings are then.
Cool! Will do!

I have seen it spike to 5psi at around 5700 rmp. I was thinking about trying a 2.8 and seeing what happens! A GTO friend of mine has a 2.8 sitting around!Then I can always step up to the 2.7

I guess Mark and Penny are having good luck with the 2.7 too! I'm just a little worried about too much boost!
Thanks
Ross

·
Administrator
Trailblazer SS
30,401 Posts
awd and its bone stock no exhaust or anything wow.

out here a stock awd tbss does about 285-295 at wheels and you gained almost 100 rwhp and only 4.5 psi. When you do the other mods you will be good to go and get the boost up there you will be happy also. Im switching mine to a 2.8 pulley as soon as i get the tranny cooler in and do some data logs.

·
Premium Member
8,576 Posts
Cool! Will do!

I have seen it spike to 5psi at around 5700 rmp. I was thinking about trying a 2.8 and seeing what happens! A GTO friend of mine has a 2.8 sitting around!Then I can always step up to the 2.7

I guess Mark and Penny are having good luck with the 2.7 too! I'm just a little worried about too much boost!
Thanks
Ross

I just spoke with Mark. He ordered HP Tuner and we are going to datalog his add some fuel to his tune to make sure he is safer at the boost he is running.

I think the 2.8 will be the magic pulley for you guys up there on a stock Magnuson tune.

Can you get me a boost reading after you change to the 2.8? Thanks buddy!

·
Premium Member
2wd Turbo
11,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
awd and its bone stock no exhaust or anything wow.

out here a stock awd tbss does about 285-295 at wheels and you gained almost 100 rwhp and only 4.5 psi. When you do the other mods you will be good to go and get the boost up there you will be happy also. Im switching mine to a 2.8 pulley as soon as i get the tranny cooler in and do some data logs.
I guess I was not BONE stock! I have a custom 3" catback put on before the first dyno. But to tell you truth I don't thing I got anything but better sound out the the catback.(No change in the feel anyway) I have a Magnaflow muffler and a res tip.

Ross the truck is putting down some good numbers congrats! We will have to meet up so I can go for a ride!
No problem Ben! Drop me a PM and we will get hooked up. I don't have your number anymore.

I just spoke with Mark. He ordered HP Tuner and we are going to datalog his add some fuel to his tune to make sure he is safer at the boost he is running.

I think the 2.8 will be the magic pulley for you guys up there on a stock Magnuson tune.

Can you get me a boost reading after you change to the 2.8? Thanks buddy!
I just got my HPT TODAY!:coolthumb:

I Hope to get the 2.8 pully this monday! I will let you know for sure!

Thanks
Ross

·
Registered
2006 TBSS
820 Posts
Could you post the dynojet (drf files)? It looks like you took screenshots of the run viewer so I assume you have the files on your comp.

·
Premium Member
2007 AWD Red Jewel
1,713 Posts
I was just asking joe about awd maggie results. It sucks that you are a mile high. I cant wait to get my maggie. Either way you pick up an honest to goodness 100rwhp and probably 40 more with a 2.8 pulley

·
Registered
2006 TBSS
820 Posts
There has got to be some way to correct spark advance as the barometric pressure rises. I know for sure you can make the knock retard attack more aggressive in relation to the barometric pressure.I'd be worried about "going downhill" and then blowing shit up.. Just curious, what does your barometric pressure sensor read (assuming you have a scanner)?

·
Registered
11 Posts
WOW... Let me guess, you dyno'd at MAC. :boff: I am making a solid 6.1psi on the 2.9 pulley on my dyno.

·
Premium Member
2wd Turbo
11,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Could you post the dynojet (drf files)? It looks like you took screenshots of the run viewer so I assume you have the files on your comp.
The site will not let me post them for some reason! If you want I can Email them to you.

WOW... Let me guess, you dyno'd at MAC. :boff: I am making a solid 6.1psi on the 2.9 pulley on my dyno.
YOU ARE SEEING 6.1 with a 2.9 and LONG TUBES! WOW! Are you sure? That sound a bit high for the 2.9. I could be wrong. My friend has a 2.7 on a ls2 GTO with long tubes and he is only seeing 6.5. spddmn is running a 2.7 with no headers and is spiking at 7#.

What numbers did you get at MAC?
Are you the guy they were telling me about over there with coil overs?

MAN! I have to say they are very cool and easy to deal with over there!
The guy that runs the Dyno knows his stuff and he is not cocky or a dick!:coolthumb:

Thanks
Ross

·
Administrator
Trailblazer SS
30,401 Posts
with 2.9 pulley and long tubes and 3 inch true duals im seeing about 6 psi. i was seeing about 5 with 3.0. Im switching to a 2.8 and callin it a day after that.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts