Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Premium Member
'08 Silver TBSS
Pete3834, I'm thinking the Trucool mounted in front of your Maggie HX is adding extra heat to your HX. I'm running a Maggie 2300 front nose drive and didn't run the Maggie HX. Instead I installed a Frozen Boost air to water heat exchanger 20x7x2 (Air to Water Radiator) and mounted it down in the lower grille between the fog lights. With the small Maggie reservoir, my temps are only 10* above ambient normally. Under boost temps rise but quickly recover back to normal. My Trucool 40k is mounted in front of the AC condenser as well.

Reactions: pete3834

Premium Member
'08 Silver TBSS
@scott750
If you would be so kind..please post pics of how you mounted your Frozen Boost HX down in the lower grille. Without having a visual, I do have a question. Do you have any trouble with road debris or rocks hitting the cooler being it exposed to the road on the bottom?

Thank Pete 馃憤
Sorry for the late reply. No issues with road debris as the lower valance grille seems to be offering enough protection, none of the tiny fins have laid over yet either. The HX is basically mounted off the center bumper support and hanging down to the lower valance. My builder never got pics of what it looks like when the bumper was off. But I'll snap some pics this weekend when the weather warms up a little of what I can see..

Premium Member
'08 Silver TBSS
@scott750
Quick question? How does the frozenboost.com HX you are running that is mounted off the center bumper support and hanging down to the lower valance get air flow? Like in standing traffic or waiting a few cycles for a traffic light? I'm assuming there is no fan mounted pulling air through it given no mention of it. 馃
Sorry did not see this earlier. No fan mounted. Intake temps with the frozen boost HX are pretty good, only 5*-10* above ambient air temps normally. Under boost temps do climb 20-30* but as long as the truck is moving they will cool back down fairly quickly. Standing in traffic, temps will climb slightly but again as soon as I'm moving they drop back down. I monitor temps using the Torque app on Android.

Premium Member
'08 Silver TBSS
Hey @scott75 when you get those pics of the HX, see if you can get shots of the mounting points.

Thanks 馃憤
Sorry Pete, I can't seem to get a good pic of the HX behind valance to see how its mounted without removing the bumper. To me it looks like kits screwed into the bumper support from behind and hangs down.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts