Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 412 Posts

·
Administrator
Trailblazer SS
30,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so you guys know.

street tires and about 5.5 to 6 psi boost, babying it off the line. Now before anyone says oh 12.7 weak umm look at the trap speed and the 60 foot time and that tells the rest of the story. the mph is easy low 12s just 60 foot is killing me. you guys know that going from a 2.1 60 foot to a 1.8 will bring it down about 5 to 6 tenths. So yes i need the drag rads back on the truck. First pass was pathetic [email protected] 2.48 60 foot time.. only had 2 rounds

now i looked at a few peoples times here. [email protected] with drag radials which im trapping a lot more than that and matt from tune time ran a [email protected] on his turbo awd set up and i think his 60 foot times were in the 1.7s if im not mistaken so yes mph is there just getting it down to the floor is a problem. So overall on 5.5 to 6 psi ie 2.9 pulley im very happy. im going to switch to a 2.8 very soon.

MODS
MAGGIE with 2.9 Pulley
Tune By Supercoolin
Custom 4 inch intake
LS7 TB
160 degree thermo
Ls1 Fans
Stainless works long tubes
Custom 3 Inch true duals
TR6 plugs gapped at .035
Granatelli Motorsports Wires

AND MAIN THING IS THAT ITS VERY STREETABLE 2.8 should work fine (at sea level here guys hehehhe) 2.8 on race gas will be fun to see what happens.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Tony

so you guys know.

street tires and about 5.5 to 6 psi boost, babying it off the line. Now before anyone says oh 12.7 weak umm look at the trap speed and the 60 foot time and that tells the rest of the story. the mph is easy low 12s just 60 foot is killing me. you guys know that going from a 2.1 60 foot to a 1.8 will bring it down about 5 to 6 tenths. So yes i need the drag rads back on the truck. First pass was pathetic [email protected] 2.48 60 foot time.. only had 2 rounds

now i looked at a few peoples times here. [email protected] with drag radials which im trapping a lot more than that and matt from tune time ran a [email protected] on his turbo awd set up and i think his 60 foot times were in the 1.7s if im not mistaken so yes mph is there just getting it down to the floor is a problem. So overall on 5.5 to 6 psi ie 2.9 pulley im very happy. im going to switch to a 2.8 very soon.

MODS
MAGGIE with 2.9 Pulley
Tune By Supercoolin
Custom 4 inch intake
LS7 TB
160 degree thermo
Ls1 Fans
Custom 3 Inch true duals
TR6 plugs gapped at .035

AND MAIN THING IS THAT ITS VERY STREETABLE 2.8 should work fine (at sea level here guys hehehhe) 2.8 on race gas will be fun to see what happens.

You know how good your truck runs on boost with the maggie and so does Joe and so do Steve and I. How stange that a many with just a few bolt ons will "apparently" out run you at even "worse" DA's. Incredible. I wonder how that is?????????? Any ideas??????????????? Doesn't make much sense, does it????????? I guarantee a stock TBSS with only bolt ons would not have a prayer against an equally modded TB with a well tuned maggie. That's a fact, Jack!!!!!!!!

Great trap speed which obviously shows you are putting down a lot of power. A few more degrees of timing, the 2.8 and good gas, and the DR's, and you should see low 12s at well over 110.

·
Administrator
Trailblazer SS
30,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What was the psi for rear tires? Many seem to think the sweet spot is at 22-24. Still, the run wasnt bad!

25 psi doesnt matter doesnt hook. I need to now adjust the coilovers truck sits to high in the back i might drop spring rate also seems to stiff. Trial and error thing which im doing since i know others will do the coilovers in rear.

·
Administrator
Trailblazer SS
30,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You know how good your truck runs on boost with the maggie and so does Joe and so do Steve and I. How stange that a many with just a few bolt ons will "apparently" out run you at even "worse" DA's. Incredible. I wonder how that is?????????? Any ideas??????????????? Doesn't make much sense, does it?????????

Great trap speed whcih obviously shows you are putting down a lot of power. A few more degrees of timing, the 2.8 and good gas, and the DR's, and you should see low 12s at well over 110.

yah if im trapping 109 at 12.7 with 2.1 60 foot im gonna say 12.5 is no prob but traction is the prob. And main thing is that you can drive it everyday and have no issues. i need to go over the tranny settings with joe because 2 to 3rd it redlines so need to go over that.

·
Registered
420 Posts
60 ft times

yah if im trapping 109 at 12.7 with 2.1 60 foot im gonna say 12.5 is no prob but traction is the prob. And main thing is that you can drive it everyday and have no issues. i need to go over the tranny settings with joe because 2 to 3rd it redlines so need to go over that.
Your 60 foot time is a liitle slower than Joes but neither of you could hook with stock tires. Again, others here with no "power adder" and just a converter and bolt ons with a converter (which you and Joe also have) seem to hook with no probs and run 1.75 or better 60 foot times. Same time that BlackSS ran with DR's and 175 shot (out of the hole). Of course, he also ran a 12.7 with a 150 shot with DR's also which is not as fast (once again) as the guys with simple bolt ons. One guy on the other foums ran an amazing 12.39 with bolt ons with positive DAs???? Absolute Amazing!!! Shit with a 100 shot, he would not doubt be in the 9s??? We need to scrap the maggies and NOX and return ours to stock. Apparently would be faster and we modded and spent all that money for nothing. Incredible again esp. with stock tires. Guess we need lessons????????

·
Administrator
Trailblazer SS
30,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Your 60 foot time is a liitle slower than Joes but neither of you could hook with stock tires. Again, others here with no "power adder" and just a converter and bolt ons with a converter (which you and Joe also have) seem to hook with no probs and run 1.75 or better 60 foot times. Same time that BlackSS ran with DR's and 175 shot (out of the hole). Of course, he also ran a 12.7 with a 150 shot with DR's also which is not as fast (once again) as the guys with simple bolt ons. One guy on the other foums ran an amazing 12.39 with bolt ons with positive DAs???? Absolute Amazing!!! Shit with a 100 shot, he would not doubt be in the 9s??? We need to scrap the maggies and NOX and return ours to stock. Apparently would be faster and we modded and spent all that money for nothing. Incredible again esp. with stock tires. Guess we need lessons????????

i dont get it?? im for sure with tune, intake and stall there is no way i could run 12.5s like tonygxp is running. Hes at sea level also. Maybe his truck is one of those freak things

·
Registered
'06 AWD
660 Posts
Tony, bout time you got to the damn track. Great mph, you're obviously making alot of power. What was the DA?

·
Registered
338 Posts
i dont get it?? im for sure with tune, intake and stall there is no way i could run 12.5s like tonygxp is running. Hes at sea level also. Maybe his truck is one of those freak things

Tony I have a truck that ran a good et/mph. So many things to think of.
DA of course is huge. 60' foot I've ran 1.63. Spinning in your case isn't just in the first 60'. Either way nice et!!

Mike

·
Premium Member
8,576 Posts
so you guys know.

MODS
MAGGIE with 2.9 Pulley
Tune By Supercoolin
Custom 4 inch intake
LS7 TB
160 degree thermo
Ls1 Fans
Custom 3 Inch true duals
TR6 plugs gapped at .035

Great times Brother!!!!

I am glad to see it ran so well for you. Traction is the real issue with the 60' times. I played with tires pressures when I went and tried 30psi, 28 psi, 26psi and 23psi. 28psi was the best with a 2.03 60' time and it was stable on the top end. at 23-26psi it was unstable at the top end and the ABS was going nutts trying to stop me after the run. Drag Radials are a must!!!!

Your MPH is what tells the story on power, remember that even at sea level now the temps are effecting the runs. I cannt wait till winter and a few runs.

With the 2.8 and race gas you will be even faster!!

S

·
0 Posts
Nice run Tony and have to agree.....WTF is the guy doing to run 12.3 with only bolt-ons:asshole: We spent all this money and here comes some freakish TBSS that kills those with expensive mods. I say we jack his ride and tear it down to see what he really has:muahaha:

·
Registered
420 Posts
Here we go again?

Tony I have a truck that ran a good et/mph. So many things to think of.
DA of course is huge. 60' foot I've ran 1.63. Spinning in your case isn't just in the first 60'. Either way nice et!!

Mike
12.39 //1.63 with ONLY bolt ons , full weight, positive DA= Faster than Maggies=Faster than STS kits=Faster than Head and Cams=Faster than 100 Shot=Faster than 125 Shot=Faster than 150 Shot???? National Record Holder for 4800-5000lb vehicle in Stock Class????? Not that I am really trying to start anything but how UNLIKELY is this? I guess with the 100 shot thru the maggie I probably would get beat. Only one way to find out and settle this BS>>> Bring IT ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

S

·
0 Posts
12.39 //1.63 with ONLY bolt ons , full weight, positive DA= Faster than Maggies=Faster than STS kits=Faster than Head and Cams=Faster than 100 Shot=Faster than 125 Shot=Faster than 150 Shot???? National Record Holder for 4800-5000lb vehicle in Stock Class????? Not that I am really trying to start anything but how UNLIKELY is this? I guess with the 100 shot thru the maggie I probably would get beat. Only one way to find out and settle this BS>>> Bring IT ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:rofl:I was wondering when the hell you were going to call bullshit on this Joe! Wasn't sure if ya already had on the other site or not? Or, if he posted a slip stating this. The way you were talking here, thought you had viewed proof of his times! See, now I think you have Joe(LeftCoast) shakin in his boots now for sure!

·
Administrator
Trailblazer SS
30,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Tony, bout time you got to the damn track. Great mph, you're obviously making alot of power. What was the DA?

temp 79
relative humidity 28
absolute baramotoer 29.38

For me dont know what that means on corrected time. pretty much dont care because when i go street racing out here i dont say oh yah truck ran 12.7 but corrected 12.5 or whatever (no offense to you blue ;))

also balisticss ran a 12.8 or 12.5 corrected at 106. with just a few bolt ons. Thats insane. If he can id like him to post his time slip up id like to compare like 1/8 mile and stuff like that to mine to see how we stand. Ive raced a guy out here with long tubes, yank, pulley and all that and he said he ran a 13.1 on street tires and i destroyed them. For him to stay with me especaillly from a rolling start he would need at least 100 more hp. He only trapped 103. now 103 trap to 109 trap at 4500 pounds takes a lot more power

·
Registered
420 Posts
Somebody has to be fastest??

:rofl:I was wondering when the hell you were going to call bullshit on this Joe! Wasn't sure if ya already had on the other site or not? Or, if he posted a slip stating this. The way you were talking here, thought you had viewed proof of his times!
Don't know what's really going on Mark, but do know for a fact there are a lot of BS Internet times being posted (including phoney time slips) so guys can make themselves feel good about themselves I guess??? We have some rather unbeliveable times for a 5000 BRICK than seems quite often to run faster than their counterparts (C-6 Vette (1500lbs ligher) and the GTO (1000 lbs lighter)). Most of the time it's with LESS mods??????? This is even against autos so the excuse of "quys doesn't know how to drive" is ruled out!!! Looks like someone will always post a time that is Faster than anyone elses no matter what even if it is utterly ridiculous. I guess I should tell evyone I went deep into the 10s with 60' time of 1.39 (after all mine is at least AWD)!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
420 Posts
Yes, yes!!!!

temp 79
relative humidity 28
absolute baramotoer 29.38

For me dont know what that means on corrected time. pretty much dont care because when i go street racing out here i dont say oh yah truck ran 12.7 but corrected 12.5 or whatever.

also balisticss ran a 12.8 or 12.5 corrected at 106. with just a few bolt ons. Thats insane. If he can id like him to post his time slip up id like to compare like 1/8 mile and stuff like that to mine to see how we stand. Ive raced a guy out here with long tubes, yank, pulley and all that and he said he ran a 13.1 on street tires and i destroyed them. For him to stay with me especaillly from a rolling start he would need at least 100 more hp. He only trapped 103. now 103 trap to 109 trap at 4500 pounds takes a lot more power

My point EXACTLY Tony!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Administrator
Trailblazer SS
30,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
The one and only JJ
14,071 Posts
Im going to run my SS this week with my mods and show you Maggie guys how you wasted your money! lolol. Kiddin brothers! shit who am i to talk about spending $$$$ on my ss mods, hahaha.

1 - 20 of 412 Posts