Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm installing the intake manifold but I can't seem to get the stock injectors to seat all the way down or even enough to create a seal. I did buy the manifold from another member but he can't remember doing anything special. Maybe bigger orings?https://vimeo.com/131271932

Frank

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
3,505 Posts
The manifold comes new with I believe 2 sets of orings. Are those the stock injectors?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
07 TBSS RWD
1,795 Posts
Maybe it's just the angle, but those look more like the truck injectors in this picture than LS2 injectors:

·
Registered
TBSS
271 Posts
After you figure out this issue and finish installing the Lsxrt intake manifold..do you have do anything else? I was told on here that you have to get the tbss tune for this intake.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
804 Posts
Try switching the o ring from top to bottom. U may just need thicker o rings. I do believe it came with o rings new.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
2,200 Posts
It did

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That's what I read. But since I got it used it didn't come with them. Should I just try the top one on the bottom and then if it works try my local parts store for that size? Or do I need to order ones from fast?

Frank

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
804 Posts
If the tops ones work then you just need another 8. You can order them from fast but any injector o ring that size should be fine.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
236 Posts
Call Bob at Peak Performance. You need a spacers I believe to work with your truck fuel rails!

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
58 Posts
I had the same problem with mine. If you call the lsxrt guys, the o rings are bigger and come with the intake when bought brand new. also make sure you get the correct bolts to get the intake into place correctly they also come with the intake when u buy it new. Those were my 2 problem when I bought it used.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I had the same problem with mine. If you call the lsxrt guys, the o rings are bigger and come with the intake when bought brand new. also make sure you get the correct bolts to get the intake into place correctly they also come with the intake when u buy it new. Those were my 2 problem when I bought it used.

Did you have to use the lowering brackets on the fuel rails?

Frank

1 - 18 of 18 Posts