Registered
2007 Trailblazer 3SS
72 Posts
There is some good info here and as well, a few links

·
Registered
2007 Trailblazer 3SS
72 Posts
And here is a great comparison, however, you will see that the LS9 doesn't have specs for the 1.8 rockers which when used in the LS7 form, with 1.8 rockers you get the increased lift the 6.0 likes.

·
Registered
2007 Trailblazer 3SS
72 Posts
My GURU says the closest you can get to 230/230 with .600 and 110 or over LSA will make a huge difference. The short LSA shortens overall power band and get really lumpy.
The LS9 is more for boosted as is mentioned about Lingenfelters use in their blown applications.

·
Registered
22 Posts
It sounds like you have made up your mind. Good luck with a cam that has 122.5 lobe separation. That would be foolish in any NA engine.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
231 Posts
It sounds like you have made up your mind. Good luck with a cam that has 122.5 lobe separation. That would be foolish in any NA engine.
Let's hear why you're against this
We know you dont have any actual experience with this combo but please speak on something you dont know about

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
You make the point perfectly and someplace I have a "cam spec comparison sheet", if he put a GMPP 2600 to 2800 stall in his 5.3 he wouldn't feel that way, Althouugh I've seen more choose the LS7 and LM7 for the 6.0 application. I can't remember the LSA's, but the higher ones performed better and more stealth.
I can show him the testing done WITH a 5.3 that totally debunks his claim so it's more than just the cam.
And here is a great comparison, however, you will see that the LS9 doesn't have specs for the 1.8 rockers which when used in the LS7 form, with 1.8 rockers you get the increased lift the 6.0 likes.
My GURU says the closest you can get to 230/230 with .600 and 110 or over LSA will make a huge difference. The short LSA shortens overall power band and get really lumpy.
The LS9 is more for boosted as is mentioned about Lingenfelters use in their blown applications.

The more I have read on it, I've read alot been researching it for 3 weeks, the more I want to try it. It sounds like it will work and do exactly what I want even though most people say it's a bad idea and won't work.

1.8 rockers is something I've also been considering comp sells some that are supposed to work in 243 heads but they ain't cheap. Some people say can use ls7 rockers with minor grinding. I think it was ls7 intake rockers that weren't offset and can be used. I gotta double check on that. Seen people say they did it but nothing to really prove it. And also don't know if that much lift combined with advanced cam timing would cause piston to valve clearance problems. Still doing research before I start ordering parts.
My 3 month old puppy broke her femur Monday and had surgery today so everything I had planned for next couple months is on hold till I pay that off it maxed out credit cards and took everything we had and there's still more x-rays and a second surgery coming. I guess gives me time to research things I want to do with this engine and stuff.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Let's hear why you're against this
We know you dont have any actual experience with this combo but please speak on something you dont know about

I have made a living engineering performance engines at some of the most highly regarded OE and aftermarket companies you might imagine. You can trust that I have ample experience.

The reason I have this cam in my 5.3l is because the intent was to turbo it and I had it left over from use in an LS1with 243 heads. (Vastly different than your humongous 6.0L... ) I regret cheaping out and using it again and thought I would try to save you the hassle.

I’m really just trying to help you out here or I wouldn’t waste my time. If you decide you want to listen, I can spec out a really nice cam for your truck. Just let me know. If not that’s ok too.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
231 Posts
I have made a living engineering performance engines at some of the most highly regarded OE and aftermarket companies you might imagine. You can trust that I have ample experience.

The reason I have this cam in my 5.3l is because the intent was to turbo it and I had it left over from use in an LS1with 243 heads. (Vastly different than your humongous 6.0L... ) I regret cheaping out and using it again and thought I would try to save you the hassle.

I’m really just trying to help you out here or I wouldn’t waste my time. If you decide you want to listen, I can spec out a really nice cam for your truck. Just let me know. If not that’s ok too.
Lmfao, as expected talking out your ass

·
Registered
22 Posts
Lmfao, as expected talking out your ass
Buddy, I don’t know you from Adam. Checking some of you posts here, you seem to be an excellent fabricator and I’m sure you are pretty knowledgeable about engines. I have nothing I need to prove to you. But I’m sure we could both learn from each others knowledge and experiences if we could bring a little humility into this conversation.

I would be happy to turn this conversation into something useful to people. We can deep dive the specs of the LS9 cam vs the alternatives. I believe I still have the drawings and adcole data on the LS9 cam. I used to work with Rob M and Chuck M who designed the LS9 cam for the ZR1. I learned a lot of what I know from them as well as from whom I would consider the worlds foremost expert on camshafts who I work with now.

To the OP. If you are interested send me a PM when you are ready and I’ll gladly help you get this sorted out and save you some money on the parts

21 - 31 of 31 Posts