Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
07 2wd TBSS
9,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So If I buy a regular stock ls7 TB well it bolt right up without any problems? Also what do I expect to gain out of this

·
Premium Member
2006 TBSS 3SS
17,596 Posts
So If I buy a regular stock ls7 TB well it bolt right up without any problems? Also what do I expect to gain out of this
If you get the right one it should bolt right up. I have heard of some people having to trim a bracket or something. I have a ported and polished one on order now.

I dont expect any performance gains on a mild modded motor with the exception of snappier throttle response.

I dont think you will find anyone with one excluding supercharger guys or heavy mods that said "wow"

·
Premium Member
2007 TBSS
4,834 Posts

I have a patch that I do for the LS2/7 throttle body swap. It will remove the short shifting and pulling idle that you get.

·
Registered
2006 TBSS
820 Posts
Is this a problem with any etc/tps sensor - as in.. the sample rate is too slow for the 'quicker' ls7 tbody.. Or is it mostly with transient fueling?

·
Premium Member
2007 TBSS
4,834 Posts
Na, the running airflow is a bit differnt. So less % means more CFM and that can make the thing shift up quicker. It can also make it pull going down the road. That part drove me crazy. I don't hear many others complain of it though.

·
Registered
2006 TBSS
820 Posts
Some just zero out or dramatically lower min airflow above 2k.. I've had a lot of fun tuning that stuff with my cam. heh.. I haven't 0'd out above 2k tho. I can imagine that the coastdown issue would be dependent on coastdown spark & MAP.

S

·
0 Posts
Some just zero out or dramatically lower min airflow above 2k.. I've had a lot of fun tuning that stuff with my cam. heh.. I haven't 0'd out above 2k tho. I can imagine that the coastdown issue would be dependent on coastdown spark & MAP.
Will hook straight up and has a better flow design......look at the 2 when you get the LS7 and you'll know instantly what I am saying!:2cents:

·
Premium Member
2007 TBSS
4,834 Posts
Thats not really the way I'm doing it but if it works than great. More than one way to skin a cat!

·
Premium Member
07 2wd TBSS
9,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Does anybody have pics of thier ls7 thorttle body put on

·
Premium Member
TrailBlazer SS AWD
4,063 Posts
The LS2 And The LS7 Throttle Body Share The Same Part Number, GM PART # 12570790. How Can You Get Better Performance From The Same Part Number. Maybe The Throttle Response Is Slightly Faster Because It New.

·
COME GET SOME
2008,AWD,TBSS,5130lb
675 Posts
looks nice like your little happy gas setup

1 - 13 of 13 Posts