Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
trailer park living.
TrailblazerSS
16,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible to put the non of set ls7 rockers on an ls2 head, or both on an l92 head? I don't have enough valve spring to try it, but they look a lot alike. I didn't know if it would be a cheaper way to more lift without buying roller rockers. Just a thought, noticed them in the gm performance part book.

·
Banned
3,510 Posts
LS7 rockers will only work on LS7 style heads. Also some of the L92 rockers will only work with L92 heads. This is from them having an offset unlike the LS2 rockers.

If you are looking for an actual performance gain going from a 1.7 stock rocker to a 1.8 rocker will net you nearly nothing for your work

·
trailer park living.
TrailblazerSS
16,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
LS7 rockers will only work on LS7 style heads. Also some of the L92 rockers will only work with L92 heads. This is from them having an offset unlike the LS2 rockers.

If you are looking for an actual performance gain going from a 1.7 stock rocker to a 1.8 rocker will net you nearly nothing for your work
I realize they are offset. but the ls7 rockers I had in my hand looked just like the l92s. ls2 rocker fit an l92 head(half of them). A friend of mine is building a turbo 6.0 t/a. He saw my l92 heads and wants some for his now. It was just an idea we were throwing around. Cause both ls7 and l92 have offset rockers. He want to run the ls7 cam also.

·
trailer park living.
TrailblazerSS
16,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So is that a yes? They look like the ls7s stick off the stem a little more but that might be just the pic.
Thanks for the picture Matt.

·
Premium Member
2007 TBSS AWD
31,504 Posts
So is that a yes? They look like the ls7s stick off the stem a little more but that might be just the pic.
Thanks for the picture Matt.
No it is not a yes. They will bolt up but geometry is off. The LS7 uses rocker stands that take the height into account. Installing them on L92 stands will bolt up and run but will be too far over the valve and cause abnormal wear w/o taking that into account. The aftermarket 1.8:1 rockers are designed to take the L92 rocker stands into account. There are guys who tried to use the LS7 exhaust rocker on an LS1/6/2 head because they are cheap, but just adjusting pushrod length won't get you right on it's own.

I would just use L92 intake rockers with a comp trunion upgrade along with LS2 exhaust rockers with the trunion upgrade. Then run the proper cam to get the lift you are looking for without going to a 1.8:1 ratio rocker. :2cents:

·
trailer park living.
TrailblazerSS
16,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
No it is not a yes. They will bolt up but geometry is off.

I would just use L92 intake rockers with a comp trunion upgrade along with LS2 exhaust rockers with the trunion upgrade. Then run the proper cam to get the lift you are looking for without going to a 1.8:1 ratio rocker. :2cents:
Makes sense. It was just a thought we had.
Thanks for not acting like I'm a complete idiot.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts