Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Premium Member
'06 AWD
5,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did anyone know this? I bought an intake off tbssinmass. Emailed Cory today asked for his phone # cuz I wanted to talk with him about porting it. He replied promptly...said that he has none for sale and he discontinued TBSS intakes. Yet the website is not updated to that fact. So I emailed back within minutes.."I have one need it ported". I haven't got a reply back yet. I fear the worst that this is not going to happen for me. If so what do I do now to support my h/c. Everyone says the proflow is to much for stock cubes...I don't want to cut up my truck or pay $1K for a FAST. Anyone else know of someone porting our intakes? Dammit all to hell! I'm pissed!!!!!!! Fuck me running!

·
Premium Member
08 Black Granite
4,004 Posts
Well there seems to be enough issues running around with our intakes being ported and either being weak or not sealed properly enough to shut 'er down.

To support a H/C build I'd make sure you've already got a 4" intake and SAVE for the FAST. I intend on picking one up... but give it some time I'm sure FAST will have a small recall on some of their own items not sealing up properly.

·
Premium Member
'06 AWD
5,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
FFFFFFFuck! Got my answer "NO". Well there goes money I could have spent on something else. Anbody need an intake cheap?! Update your website Dbag!!!!!!!!

·
WANNABE SS OWNER
Trailblazer SS 2wd
16,025 Posts
I contacted Cory last week and he told me he was no longer going to support our platform but he had a couple of ported intakes left. I didn't want to buy one because I figured there must be a reason for him quit making them......

·
Premium Member
'06 AWD
5,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Next time post that shit lol. Website now depicts the change but it didn't the other day when I linked it for someone. Fucking shit!

·
Registered
tbss. duh.
836 Posts
congratu-fucking-lations...

I told shithead cory that these things aren't structurally sound, but dickhead insisted it was my fault that the thing cracked on me

Finally this idiot realized i was right. consider yourself lucky. spend that money on muffler bearings, it will be a better investment.

·
Premium Member
'06 AWD
5,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ya I guess... he is trying to tell me he changed the website 3 weeks ago. Ya think he would have had the nuts to post that fact here DBAG! Thanks Jimmy.

·
Premium Member
'06 AWD
5,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Plastic welds cracking....pin hole leaks in plastic weld...and the top pulling down aka breathing up and down under load. Don't know of anything else.

·
Premium Member
2007 AWD - 3SS TBSS
2,617 Posts
I don't believe this ever happened on our truck's (LS2) truck intake... (the video is of a non-tbss intake, on a TBSS)

As for vacuum leaks, yes they were very common on the earlier models, but after cory changed his welding technique and materials, that seems not to have been as much of a problem....

...and the top pulling down aka breathing up and down under load. Don't know of anything else.

·
Premium Member
07 TBSS 1SS AWD
17,281 Posts
if cory isnt going to do these any more...

how about seeing if he has any insight on what to remove, where to remove it.... and such.

im pretty sure with some patience, a die grinder, and some 3m panel bond... you could do this at home.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
552 Posts
Just get a proflo I think getting a ported stocker is a waist of money. Stock intakes look like crap. Everyone loves my intake and i know its not my restriction.

·
Premium Member
06 TBSS
1,499 Posts
porting a plastic intake mani is a pain in the ass... if you go too fast the plastic doesn't shave off, it melts. <------ learned the hard way and had to buy a new one. Ill stick to porting metal next time.

·
Premium Member
'06 AWD
5,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Chance I pm'd you about yours last week or so... I'm sitting on stock cubes soon to install AI 226cc heads decked to 11.1:1 with a rob cam but was considering a more aggressive cam.

Ed exactly "not gunna do it...wouldn't be prudent at this juncture" lol

Matt ok but I don't think that would be worth the time and money spent vs. gains. Jared bullnettles has one inlet outlet ported by vengence he would swap with me...only gained 7hp on dyno don't know if that rwd or awd.

Prob just gonna try to sell to the 5.3 silvy crowd.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.