Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
07TrailblazerSS
858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need some help here guys...A friend of mine here in vegas has a 06 TBSS. He just bought ls1 fans and has them hard wired to run any time the ignition switch is on, for now. He has the stock thermostat and he is currently seeing temps in the 210-240 range depending on driving conditions. Here in vegas it still 100 out and the fans seem to not cool as advertised here on the site. Not sure if the 160 thermostat will help with overall cooling...but he needs help. What ideas if any do you have to fix the hi temps? Thanks

·
Registered
07TrailblazerSS
858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes.. we are using the stock temp gauge. I know its not accurate but 240? Seems very high.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,269 Posts
i think its cause of the t stat should of changed it while he did the ls1 fans since he was right there!!! im trying to picture where 240 is on the gauge but im too tired lmao sorry buddy

·
Registered
07TrailblazerSS
858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i think its cause of the t stat should of changed it while he did the ls1 fans since he was right there!!! im trying to picture where 240 is on the gauge but im too tired lmao sorry buddy
Well he hasent purchased the t-stat yet. He was hoping the fans would be enough. Any other possible ideas?

·
Registered
07TrailblazerSS
858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well that will be the first step...

·
Registered
07TrailblazerSS
858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have a 160 thermo for an 06 if he wants it, still in the box. I have an 07 so it won't work for me. Just gotta come get it. I live near LVMS.
Well damn...he just bought the t-stat today! O well...is there anything else you r selling? I live on Nelis AFB.

·
Registered
2006 Trailblazer SS
171 Posts
PM Sent!

I was surprised, my LS Fans in the my trailblazer run warmer than the stock fan. i noticed in stand still traffic today my A/C doesnt blow cold if i am just sitting on the freeway, i have the fans wired to stay on all the time until i get paid this week than i am ordering the PCMforless fan kit. Any thought on this.

·
Registered
tbss. duh.
836 Posts
I was surprised, my LS Fans in the my trailblazer run warmer than the stock fan.
This shouldn't be a surprise to anyone, no e-fans will pull as much air as the stock fan, thats common knowledge. The pcm4less spal fans, however, will pull a ton more air. their shroud is also made to envelope the radiator more completely.

You can try making sure that the fan shroud you have is tight up against the radiator, maybe get some weather stripping. for a lot of people the ls1 fans work fine, for others (me) they don't.

tstat will help you for a minute but once the temp goes up there is no getting it back down

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
236 Posts
Well damn...he just bought the t-stat today! O well...is there anything else you r selling? I live on Nelis AFB.
I have a set of BRAND NEW LS1 Efans, PCMforless wiring kit and a PCMforless Duct mount trans cooler all of which has not been installed. I might consider selling it since I can never find the time to install this stuff.

Nellis huh? I live 5 min away from there. I called kcdiehl and left him a message. I can meet up after I get out of work at 8pm.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
236 Posts
I was surprised, my LS Fans in the my trailblazer run warmer than the stock fan. i noticed in stand still traffic today my A/C doesnt blow cold if i am just sitting on the freeway, i have the fans wired to stay on all the time until i get paid this week than i am ordering the PCMforless fan kit. Any thought on this.
Dont forget that once you get the wiring, you will need to have the patch installed on your ecm.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.