Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I've searched and read what I could find on an Lq4 swap. I am a giant noob when it comes to this type work, so any help or insight is very much welcome. I am wanting to get an lq4 short block and transfer my heads, intake and tb. Is there any thing odd should know about? Keep in mind that I am trying to go this route due to a miniscule budget. Pretty sure my current motor is going to need a rebuild and the this is my wife's daily.

·
Premium Member
07 TBSS RWD
1,795 Posts
I'm not 100% certain this also applies to the LQ4 like it did my LQ9, but you will have to create a location for the knock sensors. My LQ9 did not have provisions for the knock sensors on the side of the block like my LS2 did. There are flat bosses on the block just above the oil pan that you can drill and tap to attach the knock sensors too. Depending on where you end up putting them you may have to extend the knock sensor wiring to make them reach. Other than that it was pretty straight forward since you swap over the timing cover and everything else from the LS2.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What is a good cam to go with for this type of set up? Again, this is my wife's daily.

·
Registered
475 Posts
My ls2 is a 07 Can i buy knock sensor extension and hook them up n intake valley where they r located on lq4
The valley sensors lack the sensitivity of the block mounted units. You're better off finding a location on the block to mount your current sensors.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts